Job Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job Advice!

This long process took a couple of months. I was really excited about it all. Fast forward to May 1st when I interviewed. Went well. Didn't hear back from them till the 12th. Got the call, I was their second choice. I was pretty bummed out. Well lower than I ever have been about not getting a job.

Today they call. The guy who had taken the job declined it today.
    They offer me the job.

I had mentally moved on to another job offer.

Now I don't know how to feel about being their second choice.
    I'm a big boy and been doing this a long time. Don't know what to do. I told them I would let them know by Friday. I better start praying about it!

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
    I better start praying about it!
    Nailed it!

And best of luck in whichever position you decide to take.

Comment

I wouldn't feel too bad about being the second choice. There is no telling why the other guy was the number 1 pick over you. Don't sell yourself short and let pride cloud your judgement. If it's a field/job you know you will excel at and enjoy take it. There is a lot to be said for being happy in your job. It sounds like you were really excited about the job opportunity so my thought is take it, don't worry about being the 2nd pick.

Comment

If you want the job take it, if not, move on. First, second, third choice part is irrelevant.

Comment

Who cares what choice you were. That's just an ego thing. If you want the job, accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
            I wouldn't feel too bad about being the second choice. There is no telling why the other guy was the number 1 pick over you. Don't sell yourself short and let pride cloud your judgement. If it's a field/job you know you will excel at and enjoy take it. There is a lot to be said for being happy in your job. It sounds like you were really excited about the job opportunity so my thought is take it, don't worry about being the 2nd pick.
            X2

Comment

If you feel the job is the right fit, dont let the circumstances of you getting the job get in the way.

I'm surprised they even told you that you were the second choice.

Comment

Take the job it's still something you want. Being the second choice doesn't mean you're not the 'best' person for the position.

Comment

I better start praying about it![/QUOTE]

I think you answered your own question

Comment

If the job is a good fit for you, I wouldn't let being 2nd choice get in the way. Sounds like you may have been God's 1st choice for the job if it worked out for you after all.

Comment

Everything happens for a reason... take it

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
                        I better start praying about it!

I think you answered your own question[/QUOTE]

Definitely the right route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jared.King View Post
                          X2
                          X3

Comment

Just remember, interviewing is very subjective. Meaning the person(s) interviewing you may not be the best interviewers. Take it if you want it.

Comment

Pray, decide, don't look back. Bon chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X