Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grim Reaper Broadheads! Do you Recommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OP-
    Shoot me a message, I've got 3 new unopened packs of 1 3/8" razor tips I can make ya a deal on.

I need to make another order anyway, my stash is getting low

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
      To those of you that have shot both the 1 3/8ths razortip and the 2" Whitetail special what are your opinions and what do you currently shoot?

Im shooting an Elite GTO at 70lbs and I'm debating which to purchase.

Did you read the whole thread? It's in there.

Blade strength is #1, passing through on a suspect shot is #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Knew I could rely on some sort of "smart" response from you...

Been here the whole time actually re-read it twice. Sounds like you die hards swear by the 1 3/8ths and assume the 2" has a weaker blade. Yet I hear several people with 2" blade experience and they seem to say there hasn't been an issue yet.

Doesn't sound like either tip flies better than the other. Seems like people with higher poundage bows could use either tip but people with lower poundage bow should probably stick with the 1 3/8ths razortip...

So I guess my actual question is if or how many people have experience blade problems after running the broadhead through a rib cage...

Comment

Dang internet can make an easy decision dang near impossible! Gotta love the abundance of knowledge and experience on this forum though!

Both seem to fly the same from your opinion? Noticed any of the bending or breaking in the 2" blades.
          They both fly the same IME, the 2" Whitetail Special the tip is always jacked up after I put it through an animal (I hunt in very rocky areas) so I end up tossing them and buying new ones... but I did that anyway because I can't seem to sharpen those tiny little blades on anything anyway. The 1 3/8" those tiny little blades on the tip always got lost or bent too so it's a wash IMO. I also busted off the tip of a Slick Trick as well so maybe I'm just tough on broadheads.

Comment

You and other people whose opinion I respect, have made me switch. I sold my 2" Whitetail Specials to my hunting partner and bought the 1 3/8". Haven't shot anything with them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by WKH2213 View Post
              OP-
              Shoot me a message, I've got 3 new unopened packs of 1 3/8" razor tips I can make ya a deal on.

I need to make another order anyway, my stash is getting low
              Typical. I ordered some yesterday.

Comment

Been here the whole time actually re-read it twice. Sounds like you die hards swear by the 1 3/8ths and assume the 2" has a weaker blade. Yet I hear several people with 2" blade experience and they seem to say there hasn't been an issue yet.

Doesn't sound like either tip flies better than the other. Seems like people with higher poundage bows could use either tip but people with lower poundage bow should probably stick with the 1 3/8ths razortip...

So I guess my actual question is if or how many people have experience blade problems after running the broadhead through a rib cage...

Well the well respected folks on TBH that recommended the 1-3/8th to me several years ago, use them on deer, pronghorn and elk and had some 2" blade failures. I have no benefit for you shooting the shorter blades. I am merely passing on first hand experience. They, nor I have had a 1-3/8" fail. Take it for what it's worth. Shoot what you want ....makes me absolutely no difference

Comment

Zero problems with the 1 3/8 Razor Tips. Lots of "problems" with the 2". Bent or broken blades on almost every deer. But we only shot 20 or so deer with the 2" so maybe we didn't give them a fair shake. Then again, we've killed way more deer with the 1 3/8 and never had any issues.

I've shot three deer this year with the Fatal Steels and am less than impressed. Really small holes. I'll stick with the 1 3/8 Razortip.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    Zero problems with the 1 3/8 Razor Tips. Lots of "problems" with the 2". Bent or broken blades on almost every deer. But we only shot 20 or so deer with the 2" so maybe we didn't give them a fair shake. Then again, we've killed way more deer with the 1 3/8 and never had any issues.

I've shot three deer this year with the Fatal Steels and am less than impressed. Really small holes. I'll stick with the 1 3/8 Razortip.
                    Quality input right there! I'm thinking 20 or so is going to be A LOT more than most people on this thread and heck even on this forum have shot with a single style broadhead..

Thanks for your input

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                      You and other people whose opinion I respect, have made me switch. I sold my 2" Whitetail Specials to my hunting partner and bought the 1 3/8". Haven't shot anything with them yet.
                      Good luck Billy....they have been really good to me since my change over before the 2011 season..

Comment

..... Brett C was one of the guys that had used them on deer, elk and pronghorn I spoke of earlier..

Comment

..... Brett C was one of the guys that had used them on deer, elk and pronghorn I spoke of earlier..
                          Good read right there! Thanks for the share..

Comment

And Elkaholic.... sorry E..

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post

Chance have you figured out a way to resharpen the blades or do you just buy replacement ones? I ask you because you obviously run alot of em through deer!

Comment

Working...
                              X