Cooper WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cooper WMA

Didn't see a current thread, so I thought I'd start one. Anyone going to be hunting here this season? Been doing a lot of scouting this summer, and things are looking pretty good!
    Attached Files

another pic. forgot to set the time and date on the camera before i put it out.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BPurvisJr; 09-29-2017, 08:41 AM. Reason: added picture

Comment

only got in one scouting day. had some good encounters laat year in the area i checked out, but am not very ecxited with what I came up with. will be out in the AM anyway, maybe the influx of people will move something my direction.

Comment

I'll be out there this season. Using the kayak to get into spots. Haven't put any cams out. This is my first year in there.

Comment

Been hunting it since they opened it up in '93 if I remember right. I'll be out there when it cools off a little more. I didn't use to mind battling the skeeters, cotton mouths and heat in the early season but the older I get the more I mind.

Comment

Nice public land buck, good luck!

Comment

I haven't been planning on hunting until it cools off some more. But decided to go out there today to check out a couple of places to set up. Only to find that the COE or TPWD (still haven't been able to find out who's doing it), has completely cleared the area of almost ALL trees. They left very few good spots to setup where I've hunted in the past. It was a good pinch point that presented shot opportunities (at least a doe) and it's gone. Destroyed, all the way to the lake. Now I've got to find a new spot. I walked the area today just looking around and jumped a spike and some hogs. It just doesn't have the cover that will hold much anymore like it did before. Kind of bummed out about it, but just have to adapt.

Comment

did about as expected this morning. got in a tree and watched squirrels for a few hours.

Comment

Had 1 doe come in running. Couldn’t get a shot off. Still sitting in the tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

seen 4 does yesterday, had a chance at the last 2 but got busted by the old doe

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                      seen 4 does yesterday, had a chance at the last 2 but got busted by the old doe
                      Awesome! I still have yet to get out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                        Awesome! I still have yet to get out there.
                        You been to Arkansas or Lake Texoma yet?

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

Sat yesterday evening. Bumped a deer walking in. Couldn’t tell if it was a buck or doe, but it was about 100 yards from my stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went up there Friday to try and find a place to put a stand. Went to a new area, found a couple of spots that I though had potential. Unfortunately, 2 other people thought so too. Found a stand in both locations. Will be back up there this week one day to try another area. I did bump one deer and it looked like a decent (legal) width buck from the short glimpse's I got as he was leaving out.

Comment

I have seen few deer in the past. I haven't been out there this year. Last year ran into a couple guys who said they as Bigfoot Hunters. Freaked my out a little because they was carrying side arm as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X