No announcement yet.

San Saba River at Menard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some nut driving an 18 wheeler drove around the flood barrier and into the San Saba River at Ft. McKavett and had to be rescued last night. The swift water rescuers left here and headed back to Kingsland.
    Adios,
    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
      Some nut driving an 18 wheeler drove around the flood barrier and into the San Saba River at Ft. McKavett and had to be rescued last night. The swift water rescuers left here and headed back to Kingsland.
      Adios,
      Gary
      Are fines issued to people that do things like that?

I'll try to stay off my soap box, but stories like that get me hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Passage View Post

They should be charged ALL expenses related to the rescue!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
          You should be able to come through Menard as 83 is going to be open as it has not closed. Problem is they are calling for rain Friday, Saturday and again Monday and next week. County roads are impassible or almost impassible in many areas. The more traffic we get on them, the worse they will be.
          Adios,
          Gary

10-4.
          I’ll call the rancher Saturday to get his take on the ranch road leaving the blacktop. I’ve got a truck I need to rescue a mile from camp and don’t want to dog it off any longer than I have to. But if it’s too wet, it’s too wet.

Thanks for all the Menard reports you’ve been providing [emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just merely driving around the barricades can get you a hefty ticket/fine

And that is not even getting your tires wet or intending to. Just driving down to fish or look

Having to be rescued surely enhances that

Comment

They arrested a school bus driver for doing the same thing around the Llano area I believe. Only had one kid on the bus but they had to rescue both as the bus was washed off the road.

Comment

River is down but still a foot or two over the low water bridge. We got another .36" last night so road are no better. Dave C, I doubt that you can get your buddy's truck out on Monday. I just don't see it drying out any as they are calling for a little rain everyday except maybe Sunday and if we don't get a lot of sunlight it won't dry anyway. 54 degrees and misty right now.
                Adios,
                Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  They arrested a school bus driver for doing the same thing around the Llano area I believe. Only had one kid on the bus but they had to rescue both as the bus was washed off the road.
                  Leander ISD

Comment

anyone know if Kidd Lane off of 1773 is drivable?

Comment

Kidd Lane may be but any two track ranch roads won't be according to a rancher buddy who lives south of 1773 west of Kidd Lane.
                      I have been trying to move a hog trap down there and can't get it done.
                      Adios,
                      Gary

Comment

Gary.. how’s 190 West looking going out of town ?

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                          Just merely driving around the barricades can get you a hefty ticket/fine

And that is not even getting your tires wet or intending to. Just driving down to fish or look

Having to be rescued surely enhances that

Driving around the barricades can get you thrown in jail. I speak from experience as me and 3 other buddies went around a barrier. Headed to the ranch late at night after a hard rain in sealy, water was rushing across the road. It’s definitely not a joke!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                            Gary.. how’s 190 West looking going out of town ?
                            doesn't look good past Ft. McKavitt
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X