Africa 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Africa 2023

It seems there are a lot of folks going to Africa this year including myself for the first time. Thought a thread was in order about when your going, who you are hunting with, gear your taking, tips for everyone and most important pics of game.

We are going with Adansonia Safaris in mid June for 10 days in South Africa. Flights are booked, Delta from DFW to Alanta then to Johannesburg direct.

Waiting till 2024.

One tip, DO NOT flash or pull out any money at the airport in Joberg except for 1's! You will thank me later.

Good luck, take plenty of pics and shoot straight!

Comment

Everyone in the Timbo/Johannesburg airport is looking for a tip.

Comment

We are headed to Sofala Safaris for a Traditional bowhunters dream. Water holes and feed 15 yards or less from comfortable blinds. Probably the same route to as you. Four commited and looking for the fifth.

Comment

Heading over in early August to hunt Cape Buffalo and Crocodile. Hun ting this trip with Africa Maximum Safaris. Will be flying Qatar Airlines through Doha to Johannesburg.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

12 days in July on the horizon for me. First timer here too. Boschnel Safaris. Primary focus is Plains game with the stick and string but I am bringing the 300WM too. Flying Delta from Austin to Atlanta to Joberg. By far the longest flight for me, any tips on that part?

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
              12 days in July on the horizon for me. First timer here too. Boschnel Safaris. Primary focus is Plains game with the stick and string but I am bringing the 300WM too. Flying Delta from Austin to Atlanta to Joberg. By far the longest flight for me, any tips on that part?
              Already booked? We're considering a long layover in London so we can get down and stretch. Maybe one long enough to get out of the airport and eat just so we can say we did.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainmaker View Post
                Lots of Jack and coke

Sit in a exit row or just spend the money and do every seat upgrade you can

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                  Already booked? We're considering a long layover in London so we can get down and stretch. Maybe one long enough to get out of the airport and eat just so we can say we did.
                  I don’t know man, we had a layover in Amsterdam on the way back and I’m not sure which is worse, a break for another 10 hour leg or just straight through

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                    Yes sir, already booked.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                      Lots of Jack and coke

Sit in a exit row or just spend the money and do every seat upgrade you can
                      Well…halfway there already…HAHAHA!

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                        It seems there are a lot of folks going to Africa this year including myself for the first time. Thought a thread was in order about when your going, who you are hunting with, gear your taking, tips for everyone and most important pics of game.

We are going with Adansonia Safaris in mid June for 10 days in South Africa. Flights are booked, Delta from DFW to Alanta then to Johannesburg direct.
                        If I’m not mistaken, a friend of mine from out of state hunted with Adansonia a couple times. He’s on here some, Buffalo1. He spoke highly of them if they are indeed who he hunted with. All I can offer is good luck and be safe !

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Waiting till 2024.

One tip, DO NOT flash or pull out any money at the airport in Joberg except for 1's! You will thank me later.

Good luck, take plenty of pics and shoot straight!
                          And if you keep it in your pockets, make sure it’s in your front pockets!

Comment

I appreciate you starting this thread!

We are going mid June as well. Flying into Atlanta, then to Johannesburg. Looking forward to it!

Comment

10 days in August!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X