ASA Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Waco

Anybody coming to Waco to shoot the ASA shoot next month?

Not on a dare even.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      Not on a dare even.

How about a Double Dog dare ya????lol

DW I have thought about it but have not made my
      mind up.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        Not on a dare even.

You should elaborate... I'm curious!

Comment

No ASA for me!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            No ASA for me!!!!

Bisch

Me either.

Comment

Not that I compete much anymore, but I did want to get back into it.

ASA, and IBO ruined any interest I had in them when they adopted the world archery rules, and playbook.

When I do, I guess it'll just be TBoT, even if I have to red card it.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                Not that I compete much anymore, but I did want to get back into it.

ASA, and IBO ruined any interest I had in them when they adopted the world archery rules, and playbook.

When I do, I guess it'll just be TBoT, even if I have to red card it.

Rick

IBO all trad events are great venues!!!!!!

ASA is mostly a compound organization, and as such, dosen’t give the complete pkg to a trad shooter like TBoT or IBO Traditional.

Bisch

Comment

I'd say that's putting in nicely Bisch.

Comment

Bisch, I've always loved IBO, and still do.

Have you read the world archery organization rules they have adopted?
                    They suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                      Bisch, I've always loved IBO, and still do.

Have you read the world archery organization rules they have adopted?
                      They suck.

As far as I can tell, the rules for I O Traditional have not changed?????

The rules for com­bined shoots (defined as a tour­na­ment in which com­pound and tra­di­tion­al class­es com­pete in the same venue) dif­fer from the stand­alone tra­di­tion­al shoots. The tra­di­tion­al only venue enables IBO to fur­ther break shoot­ing class­es down to accom­mo­date var­i­ous recurve and long­bow shoot­ing styles. I. IBO Mem­ber­ship An archer does not have to […]

Bisch

Comment

I’m planning on going, so far. It’s one of the closer ones, and I need all the practice I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          As far as I can tell, the rules for I O Traditional have not changed?????

The rules for com­bined shoots (defined as a tour­na­ment in which com­pound and tra­di­tion­al class­es com­pete in the same venue) dif­fer from the stand­alone tra­di­tion­al shoots. The tra­di­tion­al only venue enables IBO to fur­ther break shoot­ing class­es down to accom­mo­date var­i­ous recurve and long­bow shoot­ing styles. I. IBO Mem­ber­ship An archer does not have to […]

Bisch

I think he meant ASA. They adopted the WA rules as far as the riser goes. Everything else stayed the same

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                            I think he meant ASA. They adopted the WA rules as far as the riser goes. Everything else stayed the same
                            Yep.

If you shoot with a metal riser, even if off the shelf, etc, etc, you have to shoot in the barebow class. Both IBO & ASA have adopted this, and it's ridiculous.

If you don't add any gadgets, the only "real" advantage a metal riser offers is - it isn't going to break on you like wood sometimes does, especially with heavy, or heavier draw weights.

I've had three wood risers break on me. All three while holding at full draw, and I sustained some significant injury from it. Two were from some big name bowyers, and the third was built by a well know Texas bowyer who built darn fine bows.

After that third blow up I swore off wood risers, and I'm not going to switch back to them just to shoot in IBO, or ASA.

Just to be clear - I won't lose any sleep over it either.

Rick

Comment

I just won't shoot with the compound folks anymore. Even at a benefit shoot last year they just clog up the course and make it miserable and stupid slow.

Comment

Working...
                              X