Gobbling activity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gobbling activity?

How are the turkeys acting across the state? Getting ready for our season in San Saba county and was wondering if the birds were gobbling well or not, broken up, etc.
    Gracias.

Mine have not returned yet........

Lometa................

Comment

A guy hog hunting saw 15 yesterday evening. Gobbled most of the day yesterday. Not sure if they did because it was overcast and that front blew through.

Comment

I’m in burnet. I’ve seen a few nice birds and heard them gobbling quit a bet lately

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
          I’m in burnet. I’ve seen a few nice birds and heard them gobbling quit a bet lately
          My place is in Rocksprings and they are gobbling and strutting. Hens are ignoring them but they are trying to get them.

Comment

Our place is north of Brownwood and lots of birds on camera,hens and gobblers were separated,I was there six days working on the place and got home last night ,in those six days I didn't hear one gobble.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              Mine have not returned yet........

Lometa................
              The turkey at my place leave and return also. Do they do this on a lot of properties?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                The turkey at my place leave and return also. Do they do this on a lot of properties?
                Every property I have ever hunted they move. Spring is totally different than deer season.

The last big place I hunted they moved about 3 miles.......

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                  Every property I have ever hunted they move. Spring is totally different than deer season.

The last big place I hunted they moved about 3 miles.......
                  We see them and get pictures on our feeders game cameras all year long,but it seems like we only have gobblers during spring an early summer,after that the gobblers seem to disappear

Comment

I whistled at a group of 5 gobblers this more and they rattled off real quick.

Comment

During my son’s youth hog hunt at Daughtrey WMA on March 3 we heard gobbling.

Comment

Our ranch in the Texas hill country has some turkeys on it, our ranchhand who lives on it says he hasn’t heard em gobble once but he’s seein em. My brother swears he heard twice while pig hunting and he knows what a gobble sounds like. Only sign we saw was a dead tom feather trail while we were out there for Mardi Gras. Opening weeken is this weeken with a cold front in the 40s both morns. Should I go or wait? I feel like if I hunt all day where they been crossing they’ll eventually pass, will they come into a decoy though or come into my calling and they’ll just be quiet?

Comment

Originally posted by THChunter View Post
                          Our ranch in the Texas hill country has some turkeys on it, our ranchhand who lives on it says he hasn’t heard em gobble once but he’s seein em. My brother swears he heard twice while pig hunting and he knows what a gobble sounds like. Only sign we saw was a dead tom feather trail while we were out there for Mardi Gras. Opening weeken is this weeken with a cold front in the 40s both morns. Should I go or wait? I feel like if I hunt all day where they been crossing they’ll eventually pass, will they come into a decoy though or come into my calling and they’ll just be quiet?
                          I’ll be going, but don’t anticipate a textbook hunt by any stretch. I can handle the cold, I just hope the wind isn’t up.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakeJ View Post
                            How are the turkeys acting across the state? Getting ready for our season in San Saba county and was wondering if the birds were gobbling well or not, broken up, etc.
                            Gracias.
                            We’re out west of Del Rio... they were out gobbling and returning calls last weekend. Actually got 3 to commit and come in... it was good to see as last year it seemed like it took a little while before they started gobbling and strutting.

Comment

Strutting in Edwards county.

Comment

Working...
                              X