300 blackout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 blackout?

What are peoples thoughts on this caliber for deer and pigs?

Yes. Especially under 150 yards

Comment

Yep. Use the 110 grain Barnes TAC TX black tip bullets and I’ll stretch it to 200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good to go. Easy to find subsonic

Comment

It’ll work.

I’ve had two uppers. Killed a couple hogs with one. I always want the BLK to be a 30-30, and it never is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Yep. Use the 110 grain Barnes TAC TX black tip bullets and I’ll stretch it to 200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            X2

Comment

I've shot 3 deer and about 10 pigs using blacktip 110 and varmeggedons. Deer shots were through heart/lungs and ran 50 yards or less. No shock like a 270 or 30-06 but it expands perfectly and does the job well. Bigger buck shot at 150yds in lungs piled up quick and had minimal meat waste. Pigs shot up to 150yds in the head and drop like a rock. Ones shot in body ran but not terribly far, max track was about 80 yards.

Gun is all around great setup. Its lightweight and short, making it easy to maneuver. Suppressed with about 8.5" barrel, illuminated dot in scope, high enough power to split ear hairs. No recoil and reasonablely cheap to shoot.

Comment

Mines dropped plenty of both. I shoot it out to 150 no problem

Comment

I have two. I have not been impressed on hogs. Might make a pretty good deer gun. I seriously think the ammo is the game changer. I ordered some 100 grain frangible ammo and while it will knock em over they got a lot of life left in em upon approach.

Comment

200 is easy with the 110's & a good gun...great pick for a 1st deer rig for a kiddo vs the 22& 24 Varmint cals many recommend

Comment

My 7 year old son shoots lights out with it at 100 yards. Killed a spike and pig with it this year. No recoil and a lot better blood trail with it than the 223 he shot last year. It is a cheap PSA upper shooting 110g Hornady Full Boar. So far I’m happy with the results. I asked him it could sell the gun and he gave me the stink eye and told me heck no lol.

Comment

have it in an AR and a bolt gun , works great for me on both deer and hogs and even droped a couple of yotes with it .

Comment

All around solid gun for about 150 yards.

Comment

I've killed a bunch of hogs with the .300 Blackout. I don't have one myself but two of my buddies do.

I will say this though if you don't plan on running it suppressed there are a lot better choices out there. That was their whole idea around choosing it over anything else. If I was going to get a rifle with intentions of using it suppressed the .300 Blackout would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              I've killed a bunch of hogs with the .300 Blackout. I don't have one myself but two of my buddies do.

I will say this though if you don't plan on running it suppressed there are a lot better choices out there. That was their whole idea around choosing it over anything else. If I was going to get a rifle with intentions of using it suppressed the .300 Blackout would be it.

This! It will kill but you have better options out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X