Fishing in rockport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
    Behind the airport gets hammered every day but can produce at times with shrimp and popping cork for some. Good place to try if you have a strong south wind.

If I was on foot, I would park on the side street just north of Laguna Reef Hotel off Water St. next to a boarded up little grey house before daylight. The guy in a brick house may say something but it will be when your leaving if anything. Walk straight out from the cross street parallel to the hotel pier. You'll need to walk thru a small pound before crossing over a shell bar before reaching clean water. Start waste deep early and work your way out as the sun comes up. Broken shell most all the way out. Croaker will be your best bet but my second choice would be a Little John XL (watermelon red), DSL, or possibly Norton Sand Eel Jr.. It can be south wind sensitive but by July the wind usually picks up late and dies off by morning light.

The end of the pier at Goose Island Park can also be productive if the wind allows it.
    So does the guy in the brick house just not like cars parked on the side of the street? Judging by google earth, that little cross street has a gravel area along the side of that boarded up house which would make for easy parking. Reason i ask is that i don’t do well with people that think they rule the world, so if he’s gonna be a problem, i may have to pass.

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
      So does the guy in the brick house just not like cars parked on the side of the street? Judging by google earth, that little cross street has a gravel area along the side of that boarded up house which would make for easy parking. Reason i ask is that i don’t do well with people that think they rule the world, so if he’s gonna be a problem, i may have to pass.
      You are correct, there is a dirt shoulder on the side of the street mainly from people parking to throw a cast net in the drainage ditch. The neighbor I mentioned is actually a very nice retired person and the only person that would possibly say something if anything at all. If a bunch of cars start showing up on a regular basis (which has never really happened) there may be a issue with them calling Rockport finest. I was just mentioning it as a precaution. Besides that, it is a productive spot since I've owned a place across the same street since '01. If the grey house on the corner wasn't presently boarded up, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it as a wade-in spot. There's a line of oyster beds that are 100yrds off the end of all the piers from there to Shell Ridge thats been previously mentioned.

Comment

Good info in here!

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
          You are correct, there is a dirt shoulder on the side of the street mainly from people parking to throw a cast net in the drainage ditch. The neighbor I mentioned is actually a very nice retired person and the only person that would possibly say something if anything at all. If a bunch of cars start showing up on a regular basis (which has never really happened) there may be a issue with them calling Rockport finest. I was just mentioning it as a precaution. Besides that, it is a productive spot since I've owned a place across the same street since '01. If the grey house on the corner wasn't presently boarded up, I probably wouldn't have mentioned it as a wade-in spot. There's a line of oyster beds that are 100yrds off the end of all the piers from there to Shell Ridge thats been previously mentioned.
          Thank you sir for your help. I just wanted to make sure that the neighbor wasn't one of those confrontational people. I appreciate you sharing your info. Hopefully I can catch a few.

Comment

Wow! This is an amazing thread and once again demonstrates just what TBH is! You guys who have offered up this advice, THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
            X