selling a used outboard(re-powering)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

selling a used outboard(re-powering)

never sold just the outboard.. seems like it would be difficult and demand a lot less $$.. I have an 04' Suzuki 4 stroke short shaft w/418hrs and an 09' hpdi vmax series 2 w/280 hrs... I'd like to keep my bay boats and re-power..got a couple of quotes for new ones, but what do I do with the old ones?? I guess the norm would be to run til' failure, or sell the whole rig...

What you got? Lots of people buy used motors, lots cheaper than new one.

Comment

There's a pretty good market for quality used outboards. I don't think you'll have a problem. Think about someone that has critical engine failure, and needs to repower, but doesn't have the need for a brand new motor. One of your's might be just the thing they need.

Comment

Outboard Motors Manufacturers, Used Outboard Motors Values, Outboard Motors Prices & Specs | J.D. Power

Comment

what size is the vmax??

Comment

Might be easier than you might think. Have you asked the dealer about a trade-in?

Comment

re-pwr

the 140 zuk is on a 21 tran cat... purchased this one used, in my opinion it's way under powered... i'll repower this one soon if I find a buyer.. the vmax is a 300, with a nice custom painted cowling(thanks again to eric at scb/escb) on a fl flats boat. I want to re-power it 1st thing next yr... guess i'll give it a shot when work slows and I have time to run it for showing....

thanks fellers

Comment

What do you want for the Suzuki?

Comment

I am thinking about doing the same thing I have a 98 150 evinrude on my 22 ft blue wave What are you going to be asking for your Suzuki.

Comment

Do they both have titles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I tweeted in the suzuki

Comment

1500 hours on a 4 stroke isnt unheard of.. a person could buy the Suzuki and keep it 10 years and never reach that. I fish 2 days a week on average and only put 75 to 100 hours on my boat a year.

Comment

Someone will want them. Craiglist before removing and see what happens. Later Hpdi's are super solid with corrected oil issues that plagued the earlier years and having low hours is a plus. Pound for pound they are hard to beat accept for drinking a bunch 2M.

Comment

I sold my 2012 DF140 for about $4500 iirc, had a shiny brand new computer in it too. If you need to remove them prior to selling then take them out for a ride and get video of them running so you can show it to potential buyers. The dealer who installed my new engine took it out and got video for me so made it easy as the buyer was more inclined to trust their video when the time came.

Comment

The outboard and boat market is strong right now, if in good shape shouldn't have any problem selling them. Suziki's have a rep for being super reliable... but if you are the unlucky one good luck at finding a place that actually knows how to work on them, heard this straight from the bassmaster tour guys.
                              Last edited by bossbowman; 06-10-2019, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X