No announcement yet.

Stinkiest town in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats so stinky about Luling? (I never been there). Pasedena would have my vote. I worked shut-downs at Arco in the 80's.

Comment

Pasa-get-down-dena for sure. You can tell which way the wind is blowing by the smell. Even when the wind isn't blowing, it smells like a mix of boiled cabbage, cheap cologne, and raccoons.

Comment

Years ago my wife and I were headed to the mountains and called for a room in Dalhart when we got there we cancelled and drove all night. It was rank

Comment

Lulling was first to my mind but it's also one of the most fun towns. Muleshoe stinks way worse and isn't any fun.

Comment

Stinkiest town in Texas?

Evadale, just down the road from us. Your town doesn’t stink until you have a BBQ joint with this sign as it’s advertisement!

If you are there more than a few minutes you can’t smell it anymore. But Dad works there and you can open his truck when he gets home and you can still smell the town. On a side note....I have found one benefit. you can drop a silent but deadly bomb in the car with your wife and blame it on the paper mill! My fiancé used to get mad the first few times we drove through evadale when we were first dating. She thought I had farted. now I just take advantage of it and keep her guessing which one it was! Lol [emoji16]

I also fished lake Naconiche a few summers ago. Stepped out of the truck and could feel my nose hairs singed from the smell of chicken houses! Smells like money to some, smelled like work to me! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Feedlots maybe?
              Three feedlots to west and a dairy,
              two feedlots, a dairy and a couple pig farms to the East
              One feedlots and a big dairy to the north

I personally think cactus smells worse, but I grew up in a feedlot that my family owned north west of there so I’m kind of accustomed to smell of large amounts of liability
              Last edited by Texans42; 05-29-2019, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Nixon across from the chicken processing plant.

Comment

Flour Bluff - Upper Laguna Madre from June - September. Rotting seagrass mats decaying in the hot sun mixed with seawater that turns rancid and fuels the fermentation process.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    Might be stinky but I do love going to Jackson Brothers and getting some of there Jerky. Yumm

Comment

You can smell evadale from 30 miles away

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                        Lulling was first to my mind but it's also one of the most fun towns. Muleshoe stinks way worse and isn't any fun.

I can agree with Muleshoe! Worked there for a month by myself and was bored to tears. Went back and forth each night between Leals and the dinner bell I think it was called? I'd vote that town for the fly capital of Texas as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Growing up, 30 years ago, my grandma worked as an accountant for the paper mill, Temple Eastex in Evadale.

She brought the stank home every day after work, and made darn good money doing it. Her share of stock in the company still supports the family today
                          Last edited by WalkieTalkie; 05-29-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

The wind must have been going in the right direction when I drove through Dalhart, I didn’t think it smelled at all. Now Post is a smelly town no matter the direction of the wind. It’s the smell of money though so I don’t complain.

Comment

I here Texarkana is pretty bad

My sister lives in Los Angeles California and the smell of human wastes and “ earth muffins”
                              Is unbelievable every where you go.

Comment

Muenster when they are cooking dog food

Comment

Working...
                                X