Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSU beats A&M

I like the first line of this article [emoji1787]

I was lucky enough to be at the LSU/Texas A&M 7 overtime game. As an LSU fan I can honestly say that it was a PHENOMENAL away game experience. I absolutely loved being on Texas A&M's campus. Fantastic fan base top to bottom. The most obnoxious person that I encountered was another LSU fan.

Comment

Oh great. Another thread.

The search function is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

Sorry about that. I didn't really think that many people were looking at the Lafayette paper. Guess I'll have to search for the other thread that someone else started.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
          Sorry about that. I didn't really think that many people were looking at the Lafayette paper. Guess I'll have to search for the other thread that someone else started.
          College football thread doesn’t miss much.... but still great news in many ways for the university

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post

It’s an overtime thread. This is only the third one. Still room for four more.
            The back button is your friend.

Comment

Who cares. There will be 100 threads and I will probably be banned after the Tigers beat ATM and Beveaux this year.

Go enjoy another Abita and a cracklin sandwich on some fresh Bunny bread

Comment

I was lucky enough to be at the LSU/Texas A&M 7 overtime game. As an LSU fan I can honestly say that it was a PHENOMENAL away game experience. I absolutely loved being on Texas A&M's campus. Fantastic fan base top to bottom. The most obnoxious person that I encountered was another LSU fan.

Comment

People don't read the newspaper anymore. Things happen and it's broadcast on Social media within seconds by millions of people. The Woodward to LSU deal has been in the works for weeks. It all went public 5-6 days ago via the inet message boards when LSU re-assigned Joe Alleva to a position outside of athletics and Woodward was named as the new AD.

No matter how much $$$ A&M would have offered, Woodward was coming home regardless. His parents are in their 80's and only have so much time left. He truly missed "South Louisiana" including his fishing camp in Fourchon, old political friends that he met from being a lobbyist in Baton Rouge, and his love for everything LSU.

Albeit only 3 short years, Woodward left C-Stat in a better position financially and athletically than when he arrived in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    College football thread doesn’t miss much.... but still great news in many ways for the university
                    Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                    It’s an overtime thread. This is only the third one. Still room for four more.
                    The back button is your friend.
                    Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                    People don't read the newspaper anymore. Things happen and it's broadcast on Social media within seconds by millions of people. The Woodward to LSU deal has been in the works for weeks. It all went public 5-6 days ago via the inet message boards when LSU re-assigned Joe Alleva to a position outside of athletics and Woodward was named as the new AD.

No matter how much $$$ A&M would have offered, Woodward was coming home regardless. His parents are in their 80's and only have so much time left. He truly missed "South Louisiana" including his fishing camp in Fourchon, old political friends that he met from being a lobbyist in Baton Rouge, and his love for everything LSU.

Albeit only 3 short years, Woodward left C-Stat in a better position financially and athletically than when he arrived in 2016.
                    Ahhhh.... I see the problem. I wasn't very clear about the reason that I was posting. Sure the AD hire is OLD news. But I wasn't trying to highlight the AD hire. And I wasn't trying to highlight the OT game either. I was posting to highlight the first sentence by Glenn Guilbeau. I simply got a chuckle when I read that LSU won... in the eighth overtime.

Again, sorry for wasting everyone's time on an obviously overly exhausted TBH topic.

Comment

Ya, that game will go down in History regardless of the Victor. I am glad you enjoyed the experience in College Station. I went to an Aggie vs LSU with my Family several seasons ago and sat amongst LSU fans because I was late getting tickets. A&M got throttled but the LSU Fans around us were great. You could visit a lot of other stadiums and the fan base is no so nice to deal with. I have taken Friends that were not Aggie fans and they all walked away saying....Wow, that was a great place to watch a game at.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

In all fairness, it wasn't that difficult

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post

In all fairness, it wasn't that difficult

hahahahaha

Comment

Ahhhh.... I see the problem. I wasn't very clear about the reason that I was posting. Sure the AD hire is OLD news. But I wasn't trying to highlight the AD hire. And I wasn't trying to highlight the OT game either. I was posting to highlight the first sentence by Glenn Guilbeau. I simply got a chuckle when I read that LSU won... in the eighth overtime.

Again, sorry for wasting everyone's time on an obviously overly exhausted TBH topic.
                            No apologies necessary. It was a good and honest post. I can assure you some of the ones trying to police every cfb thread and made comments have done way worse. And, between Sept and Jan usually spend time in the TBH cooler.

Whoopty do!

Comment

don't let em get ya. I liked your post and I'm an Aggie to boot.

Comment

Working...
                              X