Stand and fill question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand and fill question

We are running stand and fills at our place and have noticed that the majority of the corn that it spits just drops directly below it. I have a hard time imagining the cage is causing this much corn to just be dropped strait down however i could see the corner bracing causing this. Anyone else experience this? If so what was the solution that your found? TIA
    Last edited by Gclyde12; 03-23-2019, 06:01 PM. Reason: Title wrong

It’s the cage. Varmint cages are a thing of the past, the plates or one of the other options is your best bet.

Comment

What type of spinner plate do you have on it? The ones I have are working good there is some corn on the ground but no more than I had on the tall feeders. Is it 12v or 6volt?

Comment

ours throw it out of the pen - a little ends up under the feeder but not much

Comment

The Lamco low and throw feeder is the solution.

Cages and corner bracing are the reasons why corn is falling straight down.

Comment

Agree that cages will cause issues but have had good luck keeping the spinner plate closer to the tube and programming it to spin longer. It drops less volume all at once and gives the spinner time to throw corn farther in my opinion.

Comment

Put an eliminator plate and cut out the cage.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Notaguide View Post
                Agree that cages will cause issues but have had good luck keeping the spinner plate closer to the tube and programming it to spin longer. It drops less volume all at once and gives the spinner time to throw corn farther in my opinion.
                Here's your solution.

Comment

I"m taking the cages off my stand n fills, and replacing the plates with eliminator plates.

Comment

Don't over think it..

Comment

Working...
                    X