Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Seems to work out for the TV Preacherman
    Works out for plenty of local Preachermen too. We've done a lot of work for churches over the years and you'd be shocked at how many like to renegotiate after the fact because "it's for the Lord". We had one say, "The Lord told me that you're gonna bless us with this work." I said, "Well, when the Lord tells ME, then I'll do it." Nothing makes me madder.

Comment

The greatest witness a Christian can have is to pay his bills, in full, on time. God ain't broke!

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Anymore I never do business with anyone that spouts Christianity with their business. I was ripped by two different so-called "Christian" contractors a few years ago and will not get taken again.

Comment

I like my faith the way I like my politicians

QUIET and STRONG

Comment

There's more hypocrites then believers IMO. It throws up a red flag to me every time when a person bring up their faith in a sells pitch..

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
              Worst of all...… Robert Tilton....
              Leave my boy alone. The best comedy show ever! Hilarious!

Comment

I thought for a second this was going to be Joel Osteen and got all excited.

This guy seems like a crook too.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  Works out for plenty of local Preachermen too. We've done a lot of work for churches over the years and you'd be shocked at how many like to renegotiate after the fact because "it's for the Lord". We had one say, "The Lord told me that you're gonna bless us with this work." I said, "Well, when the Lord tells ME, then I'll do it." Nothing makes me madder.
                  Had one tell me "you know the church is a non profit organization?" My response was "I plan to keep you that way" can't stand it

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                    Had one tell me "you know the church is a non profit organization?" My response was "I plan to keep you that way" can't stand it
                    I've had non profits say that to me too. My response is "I'm a for profit".

Dude is a dirt bag with little to no character. He deserves to burn in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Nothing but pew sitters is what I call them...pushy Christian business folks who chest thump their belief while in the same breath hand out a biz card was a tough one for me to get over in my early walk.

I mentioned this to a mentor where I said I've known this clown forever in the biz world & would have lost a bet he did Sundays & continued my griping...Terry said: "Paul, if you are going to let hypocrites stand in between you & God, who is standing closer to Him?? Focus on your own issues & what do you think about folks who know/known you & now seeing you here??"

OUCH!! That was a solid hit to the gut!! Glad these guys get called out but I'll always have my own improvements to deal with & leave the real judgement elsewhere.

This is good!

Usually the true "Christian based" companies are the ones you do business with and see how solid and honorable they are then you find out after the fact they are Christian not them telling you before as a sales pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                        This. If you are one, you won't need to tell me or anyone else. Folks can tell by the way you act.
                        Originally posted by JayB View Post
                        The greatest witness a Christian can have is to pay his bills, in full, on time. God ain't broke!

.....and God Bless America.
                        Ditto to both of these posts actions speak much louder than words

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                          . I get roofers all the time handing me cards with a fish or a cross on it....it never ends well.
                          I don't know how they built his church but the walls/ceiling blocked pages, Nextel walkie talkie and cell service.

I assume this because when he never showed up he would leave a message at night on the construction trailer answering machine saying he just got the messages, he was taking care of some issues at church today and will be by first thing in the morning.

We screwed up and accidentally erased the tape with his messages after I fired him. They were classic. They sounded like doing a Mad Lib where you put something religious in all of the blanks regardless of what type word was supposed to be used. Some had gospel playing in the back round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            I thought for a second this was going to be Joel Osteen and got all excited.

This guy seems like a crook too.

No lie there. Some funny stuff comes outta that camp. Remember when they bought the Summit & renovated it for $75 million. The first day open for service the traffic was so bad followers were getting into fist fights over parking spaces; running inside to give him more money.

"Were sorry we didn't hire more traffic patrol"

His drunk wife slapping the first class flight attendant coming back from skiing in Colorado.

"Bad reaction to pain meds"

The board of directors salaries got leaked & the media harassed them for their lavish lifestyles.

"Good talent doesn't come cheap"

Last year the city gave him a humanitarian award for the churches help in Harvey recovery help. Blindly forgetting they kept the doors locked not letting anyone inside who had been flooded out of their homes.

"We have experienced flooding before and were concerned it might happen again"

Teflon Joel

Comment

It’s not just God or religious. Wish people would sale their product/service based on what they can and have provided. Don’t care if you’re Christian, Veteran, disabled, whatever... if you’ll give me a good product/service at a fair price and be honest with me, you’ll get my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep a close eye on any one who wears their religion on their sleeve.....
                                You and me both brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X