No announcement yet.

How would you attack this property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good thread to see the difference in ideas. Also to see how much hunters think alike

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting how we see things differently. The spot that jumps out at me no one marked.

My main concern would be access without minimal intrusion. I’ve placed stands in great locations if only hunting once or twice but educated the deer quickly and had to relocate the next year for multiple great hunts rather than just one. It really cuts down on the acreage I can actually hunt, but makes for a better season when the deer feel safe and have no idea they’re being hunted.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
        Interesting how we see things differently. The spot that jumps out at me no one marked.

My main concern would be access without minimal intrusion. I’ve placed stands in great locations if only hunting once or twice but educated the deer quickly and had to relocate the next year for multiple great hunts rather than just one. It really cuts down on the acreage I can actually hunt, but makes for a better season when the deer feel safe and have no idea they’re being hunted.

This^^^^

Comment

We need to connect. I hunted that property for 2 seasons after you got off. I’ll share all I learned with you.

Whiskey Tango picked two good ones.
          Patton’s SE one is also great. Wind direction was always my nemesis in there.

The point about stand access is critical. Wind direction with West access only is often going to hinder your stand options.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyz View Post
            We need to connect. I hunted that property for 2 seasons after you got off. I’ll share all I learned with you.

Whiskey Tango picked two good ones.
            Patton’s SE one is also great. Wind direction was always my nemesis in there.

The point about stand access is critical. Wind direction with West access only is often going to hinder your stand options.
            Pm sent.... I was looking for our old messages last night and couldn't remember your name

Comment

2 duck blinds for south and north wind on the biggest pond is what I would make a must. HA.
              Looks like a nice place.

Comment

lots of great input above, not much more to add. The southeastern corner looks good with all of the neighboring woods and headed into a creek bottom from what I can tell

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                  They're going to follow those interior fence/brush lines.
                  This

Comment

So...no feeder?

Comment

Originally posted by Top Of Texas View Post
                      So...no feeder?
                      Yes I will probably run 2. That's kind of my dilemma. All I've been hunting lately are small spots, 100 acres or less and have always just had 1 set. With a place like this do I want to spread them out between 2 or 3 spots? Or have 1 spot?

I'm leaning towards at least 2, north and south and then hand corning trails on the tunnels in between.
                      Last edited by jshouse; 01-14-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        Yes I will probably run 2. That's kind of my dilemma. All I've been hunting lately are small spots, 100 acres or less and have always just had 1 set. With a place like this do I want to spread them out between 2 or 3 spots? Or have 1 spot?

I'm leaning towards at least 2, north and south and then hand corning trails on the tunnels in between.
                        Well, if you only build 1 spot with 1 feeder, but have both N and S blind/tree/tripod on same spot, then you won't ever have to worry about being at the wrong spot when the target buck doesn't show up. With a feeder, all the travel stuff, bedding area, etc, doesn't mean much. They're gonna come to the feeder, thus the point of the feeder. Suggest picking location where N and S spots work well for shooting range, concealment, and visibility. Also centrally located so you dont have to worry about shot deer dying on neighbor.

Good luck. Thanks for posting, fun to strategize.

Comment

Working...
                        X