Shutter sound question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shutter sound question

I have a Cannon Rebel DSLR and was wondering how deer react to the shutter sound? I have been wanting to bring it into the blind with me but was afraid it would be to loud at 25 yards and spook deer. Can anybody tell me how they do this?

Not sure if the Rebel has "live view" which allows you to use the touch screen to take pics. If so, live view works by opening the shutter. So you could turn it on when you see deer coming then when you take a pic, no noise. If not, and stuck with shutter it will get some deers attention and some it won't phase. If I do that I'm careful to shoot a single frame, not high shutter rates

Comment

Unless it's windy, I never take pictures with my Rebel when deer are closer than about 60 yards or so.
      They will hear it, and they will look at you.
      If you snap only 1 pic, you might be OK.
      If you wrap the camera in a towel, it helps to deaden the sound a bit, but will still be too loud at 25 yards, IMO.

Comment

They will hear it and look but don't take a bunch in succession and they typically won't spook from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanks! I'll give it a try when the little ones are out. See what happens and adjust from there.

Comment

Working...
          X