No announcement yet.

4 Lease openings Water Valley, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you figure the average per person feed price would be?

Comment

Very pretty area, loaded with game, and sounds like a solid lease structure for long term success.
      Only an hour and a half from my house. If I just didn’t have so many irons in the fire!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
        What do you figure the average per person feed price would be?
        I would say average would be between $2000-$3000 probably closer to the higher end of that depending on weather conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Just north of San Angelo..

So only 24 deer total will be killed??
          Numbers will ultimately be determined by our biologist but I would expect the numbers to be quite a bit higher than that.

Comment

Sounds like a good place, not to many hunters, family friendly, visitor friendly, lots of animals and just getting started from the ground up. Not many of those places around.

Comment

Originally posted by CDavis View Post
              Numbers will ultimately be determined by our biologist but I would expect the numbers to be quite a bit higher than that.
              10-4.
              That's a great area and great land/hunter ratio.. I saw one of the largest free ranging bucks in my life off of Water Valley hwy between WV and Robert Lee..
              Probably a 180's typical 12pt. Shot op never happened..

Comment

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  10-4.
                  That's a great area and great land/hunter ratio.. I saw one of the largest free ranging bucks in my life off of Water Valley hwy between WV and Robert Lee..
                  Probably a 180's typical 12pt. Shot op never happened..
                  2034 between Robert Lee and WV is unreal as far as deer go. That’s the way I come in and I’m almost reluctant to drive that stretch at night anymore.

Comment

I've hunted Sterling Co. for years. South of the Concho and down toward Water Valley there are some really good bucks. North of the river and westward for some reason not so much. Lots of rain late this year so next year might produce some better quality horns.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                      2034 between Robert Lee and WV is unreal as far as deer go. That’s the way I come in and I’m almost reluctant to drive that stretch at night anymore.
                      How come?

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                        How come?
                        I would guess it has something to do with deer numbers and the concern for hitting one with your vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          I would guess it has something to do with deer numbers and the concern for hitting one with your vehicle
                          I can understand that. That's how I feel driving through Menard at night.

Comment

Sounds like a great lease for the management minded hunter. We are about 10-15 miles east of WV and I love the area.

Comment

I seen some real nice deer on a buddies lease in WV. Axis were everywhere by the river

Comment

$6,750 + $3000 feed + Feeders + Pen+ Stand= 3 whitetail deer
                                Not saying its a bad deal at all; I know the prices. It just amazes me what a lease cost now.

Comment

Working...
                                X