• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    D@mn, this all happen thursday night?

I believe this happened Friday night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      In my last job we had GPS tracked equipment stolen and never recovered, one was actually a John Deere backhoe with 107 hours on it, brand new unit and the GPS was "inaccessible to be removed" per John Deere. John Deere and Low Jack touted the tracking as a selling point and all of our equipment came from the factory with it installed.

It was found 2.5 years later in Alexandria, La when the unsuspecting new owner went to purchase parts at the dealer.

I am sure tracking is better these days from 5 years ago.

In most all instances, the dealer is not liable for any theft that happens on their yard, that is all in the fine print. Just because it's locked up behind their fence doesn't make them liable, one would think it does and some dealers may have it but none of the ones I have dealt with, same goes for boat dealers.
      Probably only works if the battery is connected, that or the people who stole it knew how to disable it, such as John Deer equipment mechanics.

Comment

I have heard of a tractor dealer that I think is somewhere north of Austin. That has been involved in fraudulent break ins, where a bunch of their equipment disappeared, they were paid by the insurance company for the stolen items, that they later sold cheaply out the back door.

Then I have heard stories about guys who are in the business of stealing equipment. Someone tells them they want something, those guys go find it and take off with it. I keep hoping some body puts a bullet or two in those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
          Did they try to make you pay for the transmission?

Inside Job! That’s a good question though. Did you have to pay?

Comment

Dang man...that sucks. Hope you find the jackwads. And don’t believe the nonsense about dealerships not being liable. Go talk to an attorney.

Comment

2 good updates:

1. the brush hog was being serviced separately & wasn’t attached to tractor when stolen

Secondly, the dealership realizes my buddy’s tractor had low hours & is offering to trade for a used tractor....2018 5100E which is apparently the newer version what he had

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                2 good updates:

1. the brush hog was being serviced separately & wasn’t attached to tractor when stolen

Secondly, the dealership realizes my buddy’s tractor had low hours & is offering to trade for a used tractor....2018 5100E which is apparently the newer version what he had

That’s kinda good. Unless your buddy had a pre-def tractor. But glad they’re doing what they can.

Comment

I can’t imagine someone’s moral compass is so screwed up that this is what they do! I mean, hey man, let’s go steal stuff. What’s wrong with people? Meth?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    In my last job we had GPS tracked equipment stolen and never recovered, one was actually a John Deere backhoe with 107 hours on it, brand new unit and the GPS was "inaccessible to be removed" per John Deere. John Deere and Low Jack touted the tracking as a selling point and all of our equipment came from the factory with it installed.

It was found 2.5 years later in Alexandria, La when the unsuspecting new owner went to purchase parts at the dealer.

I am sure tracking is better these days from 5 years ago.

In most all instances, the dealer is not liable for any theft that happens on their yard, that is all in the fine print. Just because it's locked up behind their fence doesn't make them liable, one would think it does and some dealers may have it but none of the ones I have dealt with, same goes for boat dealers.
                    I recovered tons of stuff via lojack in my patrol days. Cars and tractors. One of the last recoveries involved a chop shop. There was an f250 inside that lojack sent a rep to inspect.

The truck had hit the border several times and they couldn't figure out why no one found it. I learned a lot from that guy about lojack.

The tracking towers are pretty much on main thoroughfares. Your tractor gets jacked and taken to bfe recovery chances go down. What gets them there is DPS helicopters are all equipped with receivers.

This was over 5 years ago. I still believe lojack is the best recovery deal out there

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X