Torn on a new 28 gauge dove gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torn on a new 28 gauge dove gun

So after going to Scheels the other night I threw myself a curve ball on guns. Went in looking at a Benelli Ethos 28 chambered for 3" shells. Sweet feeling gun!!! But while in there I went over and checked out the Beretta A400 Xplor 28 with 28" barrel. It felt just as good if not better. Obviously both these guns are somewhat new in the market and nobody has one I know of to shoot.

Where would you guys stand on those 2 guns......

Great guns, can't really go wrong! [emoji106] I decided to pass on those however and now watching my emails daily for my custom 28 gauge/over & under to arrive from Italy.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you will find out its going to come down to personals preference between the 2.

I feel as if the Berettas are blocky compared to the Benelli's. But you cant go wrong with either....

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        Great guns, can't really go wrong! [emoji106] I decided to pass on those however and now watching my emails daily for my custom 28 gauge/over & under to arrive from Italy.

What did you order? I was in the market for a 20 o/u but after I shot my granpa's 28ga semi I decided the 28 would make a better o/u

OP I've shot the Beretta and it was really nice, both are great shotguns. I don't think you can go wrong, it's really just what feels better to you

Comment

Benelli for my fit. Both are out of stock with my sources.

I like my 28g Red Label O/U much more over my 28g semi auto

Comment

I to like both guns , both feel great, I just dont like the colored receivers Beretta has. And the ethos looks so much better to me, that would easily be my choice between those two guns.

Comment

I love shooting my 12 gauge o/u with my 28 gauge tubes...
              Ammo is a bit pricey though
              I don't think you can go wrong with either model.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
                Benelli for my fit. Both are out of stock with my sources.

I like my 28g Red Label O/U much more over my 28g semi auto
                I already have the Red Label 28 o/u in my collection. I actually won it in a CCA banquet. Seeing they dont make this gun anymore, Ive been trying not to use it as much. But its a very nice piece!

Comment

Originally posted by Sinkey View Post
                  I already have the Red Label 28 o/u in my collection. I actually won it in a CCA banquet. Seeing they dont make this gun anymore, Ive been trying not to use it as much. But its a very nice piece!
                  I think you should stick to a 410. No need to take down powerlines and cause power outages in frisco

Comment

If any of you boys ever want to sell one of your 28 gauge Red Labels, I'm your Huckleberry.

OP, I prefer the Berettas, but have been tempted to change it up with a Benelli. Both are great guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

#humblebrag

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        What did you order? I was in the market for a 20 o/u but after I shot my granpa's 28ga semi I decided the 28 would make a better o/u

OP I've shot the Beretta and it was really nice, both are great shotguns. I don't think you can go wrong, it's really just what feels better to you
                        Fausti

Comment

The older I get the more I love the O/Us. I like being able to break the gun open and have my empties right there. No time spent looking for empties or bending over all day for them as well.. Plus those dang green Remington 28s are hard to see in the grass.

Need a 3 shot O/U at normal prices..

Comment

Can’t speak to the 28ga but I love my A400 20ga

It’s been a great gun over the last few years and several thousand rounds

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
                              Can’t speak to the 28ga but I love my A400 20ga

It’s been a great gun over the last few years and several thousand rounds

Except all the dang misses with that bent barrel...

"Smart.....Come on Smart!"

Comment

Working...
                              X