Four post lift recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on installing at four post lift in one of my garages in the near future. Luckily I have 10 ft. ceilings in the garage. I know I'm going to have to have the garage door track moved close the ceiling and a new wall mounted opener installed (already contacted my garage door guy about that). I've been looking at a few brands: Bendpak, Triumph and Titan. The plan is to park the C2 corvette on top (under 4K lbs) and the C7 Corvette under it. The lift will be used primarily for parking and some light maintenance (oil changes, etc...). Anyone have any recommendations?

I've owned three Backyard Buddys and two BendPaks. Great lifts.

Buy the best and safest lift you can afford.

If you want to save a few dollars, the Advantage lift appears to be a Backyard Buddy knock off.

I'm may go with Advantage on my next purchase.

Get drip trays, casters, jack trays, ect.

Get the extra height lifts if you wrench on your junk.

Attached Files

Comment

I had dms lifts come out for mine

It was 2500 installed. For a 12k 2 post

They are quick and lift is the same vendor as bendpak for parts

Comment

Rotary are some of the best. Bendpack are good lifts from what I have heard.

I would not put the older car over the newer car. Those old cars are much more prone to leak fluids and fuel. Those old Vettes are known for brake problems, I would worry about it leaking brake fluid and fuel,ore so having a mechanical fuel pump. I have had many cars leak fluids on other cars, most of the time it's not a big deal, buy the times one has leaked brake fluid or fuel on another car, it was not good.

Comment

No issues with my bendpak. It’s an older model 12k but works great. I’ve got 12’ ceilings and did a high lift conversion on the garage door (pic was before the high lift).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so does the Bendpak require a compressor hookup?

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
              so does the Bendpak require a compressor hookup?

Mine has air locks. Compressor it used to release the locks and lower it.

I just set my compressor up right by it as it was a convenient place and I had already dropped a 220 plug there.

Comment

My neighbor just bought an advantage, its nice. 110V and mobile. He did A LOT of research before buying.

Comment

I pulled the trigger today on the advantage DX 9000 HD. Should be installed next month. Already have my garage door being raised and a new liftmaster opener being installed. Can’t wait to get both the vettes in one space.

Comment

If anyone’s looking for a lift, I may sell mine if I move.

Will make someone a killer deal on it but you’ll have to remove it.

Comment

They included a rolling jack tray, caster wheels, drip pans, wheel chocks and aluminum ramps in the package. I ended up going through Garage Living. Once the lifts in, we will take a hard look at a floor coating.

Comment

Originally posted by hgiles View Post
                        If anyone’s looking for a lift, I may sell mine if I move.

Will make someone a killer deal on it but you’ll have to remove it.

Lemme know if you do, always wanted a lift and love close, killer deals

Comment

Originally posted by hntndawg View Post
                          Lemme know if you do, always wanted a lift and love close, killer deals

Will do!

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                          They included a rolling jack tray, caster wheels, drip pans, wheel chocks and aluminum ramps in the package. I ended up going through Garage Living. Once the lifts in, we will take a hard look at a floor coating.
                          Sounds like a pretty good deal. The rolling jack tray would be nice.

Comment

After a delay in shipping, my advantage lift is set to be installed Monday. In preparation, I had the garage door converted to a high lift and switched to a lift master wall mounted opener. That thing is super quiet. Also installed a new ceiling mounted outlet near the opener for the opener and the lift. Hopefully by Monday evening I’ll be in business.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B316E2AD-552C-40E0-8218-9435610366FC.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	24660756

Name:	D1E2CB4A-70EE-4474-87B8-9E9B95D7AF23.jpeg
Size:	124.2 KB
ID:	24660757

Name:	8381DCF3-F752-4327-B055-78380CC32F24.jpeg
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24660758
                              Finally complete. Took the guys with Garage Living about 5 hours to get her together and adjusted. I’m looking forward to many years of use. Now I need to get the 65 (Blue Belle) back from the shop and get her on top with Black Bette on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                              X