Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    I used to eat them
    Then I found them rutting and eating our restroom waste at the ranch....them nasty suckers will eat anything that has a smell
    Never again
    .... if that’s the guideline, don’t ever eat another chicken!!!

Comment

I really hate cleaning them. That said, great dinners. A lot of folks say they are better than WTs. That’s not my opinion, but I do like eating the nasty suckers.

Comment

Dang straight. Mighty fine eating any time of the year.

Comment

The internal temperature of a wild hog (or any mammal) is the same no matter what it's like outside. Eat 'em up!

Comment

I want to try one deep fried now, never thought of that.

Comment

Dang that deep fried looks good

Comment

After reading this, deep frying sounds legit after injecting with Tony cacheres butter, but I’m leaning towards the brine.

Comment

Every once in a while we may eat one, we have so many of them that we just try to eradicate them, they have done so much damage to our land that we really hate their guts and livers.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabasco View Post
                    After reading this, deep frying sounds legit after injecting with Tony cacheres butter, but I’m leaning towards the brine.

Yes we do inject them. I forgot to mention that. But we make our own injection with butter, Italian, Stubbs beef marinade, and worstershire. Gotta strain it before loading the needle so it won’t clog up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a whole shoulder thawing out on counter for carnitas tomorrow.

Comment

To be honest I don't eat them in the summer. But I don't really have a good reason other than that is what I was taught growing up. I think y'all have officially changed my mind though... Good Job!

Comment

just the smaller ones, split them in half long ways and put on the pit.

Comment

I eat them. I am in an AG area and they eat better than the whitetails. Just make sure you use the old cooking standard of 145 in order to kill trichinosis. Ground pork I think is 160.

Comment

On the rare occasions I find pigs, I kill pigs and eat them. I grew up living and hunting south Texas, back then we killed pigs all the time. But since leaving south Texas and not hunting it anymore, I have killed two pigs, or two I can remember. If I kill them, I eat them, unless there is something obviously wrong with them.

Comment

I am a little sensitive to taint so only sows and gilts for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X