Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for those who still watch NFL

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    The very idea that one community or race is being held back due to racism in this country is at best a ridiculous idea and simply an excuse.
    This is the problem.
    You have no idea what you’re talking about. It’s the same reason I think liberal progressives are a big, maybe the biggest factor in continuing racial bias and racism. Instead of looking at their own inherent bias, which we all have, and the role it plays, they consider themselves “woke” and that the problem lies elsewhere.
    I’d bet you also think the American healthcare system is the best in the world, despite the fact that it is vastly more expensive and has poorer outcomes than essentially the entire developed world, including places like Cuba and Costa Rica. Lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality, higher morbidity for every age group, on and on and on.
    That’s blind loyalty to an ideology that fits with what you prefer to think, not clear headed assessment of facts.
    Last edited by meltingfeather; 09-19-2020, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      This is the problem.
      You have no idea what you’re talking about.
      I’d bet you also think the American healthcare system is the best in the world, despite the fact that it is vastly more expensive and has poorer outcomes than essentially the entire developed world, including places like Costa Rica.
      That’s blind loyalty to an ideology that fits with what you prefer to think, not clear headed assessment of facts.

Well that’s what’s great about our country you can have an opinion that differs from mine. Please explain what race is being held back in America today by another race?

And What does health care have to do with blm and why are we talking about COSTA rica? I assume that’s where you want to live because you have obviously researched it so just go and leave this racist country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        You have no idea what you’re talking about.
        I am going to out on a limb and say that the consensus around here believe this of you.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
          Ok it’s full blown TDS. I JUST REALIZED.

If you believe Trump said all immigrants are criminals, rapists etc....YOU are the one being played.
          If this is in reference to my comment above then you misread what I said. I said the ones who believe he said that are the ones being played. I agree they are suffering from TDS.

Politics has a way of manipulating us into believing every issue is a zero sum equation - as though two things can't be true at the same time. The false choice arguments and analogies politicians and the media overwhelm us with daily has created alternate realities on both sides.

Black lives matter does not mean any other lives don't. Supporting blue lives doesn't mean you are anti-black lives. That there are awful, liberal crazies, some of whom are black, within these protests doesn't mean that all those who support the black lives movement are anywhere near of the same ilk.

Just like the racial bigots who quietly believe in some aspects of white supremacy and hide among us does not make us all white supremacists. False choice arguments are going to divide this country beyond repair but it what both sides to motivate their folks to get out and vote.

There have been several recent polls in black communities including in areas where there has been sustained protests. By a significant majority, black citizens including the protesters wanted a stronger police presence within their communities - not less, not zero. When I read that I was curious how the media would play that - they pretty much ignored it on both sides.

I agree there is a civil war at hand with the far left. I also think they have tried to hijack the racial unrest as part of their insanity. I do not believe the "black lives matter" movement unto itself is part of that. Certainly not the NFL, player protests. But we're being manipulated into believing they are and that is a big problem for the Republican party.

The Democrats do little on the issue of racism other than stoke fears to motivate Black voters to vote for their side. Republicans pretty much ignore them Black voters while arguing "we're not racist".

That is what these protests are about, despite the left wing goons trying to hijack it are trying to do. They are happening in communities that have Dem mayors and governors almost forever.

If the Republican party was more interested in ending racism than claiming it really isn't there, we would win over the Black vote in relatively short time. We should be anti-racism period and be calling it out when and where we see it. Then it will become a lot easier to ferret out and expose those false, often dishonest claims that are made.

There was a time that I might have agreed with a lot of your and others' thinking here. The enemy here is a subset of the Democratic party and they are mostly rich and white + plus whoever else they can manipulate into joining their craziness. IMO, we're just helping them on this whole issue of how we're interpreting and responding to the majority of those protesting.

Comment

To those who believe racism is out of control. Stop writing books and answer a few easy questions.

1. Provide an example or two of systematic racism. Show us how one race holds down another.

2. Which race (per capita) is given the most welfare? Which one gets the most help with college funds? Who qualifies the most for section 8 housing? Who gets to have lower test scores and be admitted into college over white kids with higher scores?

Fact is we can sit here all day long as list what they get. BLM only uses the fact that they are "poor" as their proof. But every single piece of real data shows they have a ton more opportunity than others. It's their choice to not use it.

3. Name one Country, State, town on planet Earth that's 80+% black and not a craphole. Please explain how that's the white mans fault. If it is then the white man must be super busy traveling the world to make sure they're all poor.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
              Well that’s what’s great about our country you can have an opinion that differs from mine. Please explain what race is being held back in America today by another race?

And What does health care have to do with blm and why are we talking about COSTA rica? I assume that’s where you want to live because you have obviously researched it so just go and leave this racist country.

Yes that’s a great thing— and maybe from dialogue we can learn and broaden perspective.
              We’re not going to agree on racism if you think it doesn’t exist. I’ve experienced it personally. I’m half Mexican and my dad immigrated to this country.
              Yeah I have researched healthcare because it’s a confounding problem and I’ve also read recent comments about it. Admittedly it was just on my mind and doesn’t have anything to do with BLM or the NFL.
              I don’t want to leave this country— it’s the greatest place in Earth and I live it and believe in what it stands for wholeheartedly. I want to take care of it and help make it an even better place.

Comment

I don’t think anyone denies that racism still exist to some extent. And always will, I would imagine.

Comment

Question for those who still watch NFL

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                  I am going to out on a limb and say that the consensus around here believe this of you.

That’s fine— you’re entitled to your opinion. I’m not here to fit in, so the thought of not being on your team doesn’t bother me in the least.
                  In general I keep my mouth shut on topics I don’t know anything about. Like say for example the experience of other races or women or what it’s like to grow up in Sweden. It seems obvious to me that a white conservative who likes hanging around with like minded people pretty exclusively and gets angry at even the suggestion that racism could be a current issue doesn’t know much about what it’s like to grow up on black America but that’s just me.
                  I’m here for dialogue and learn more about what people think who have different ideas from me (but who align on a lot of the fundamentals in general).
                  Last edited by meltingfeather; 09-19-2020, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    To those who believe racism is out of control. Stop writing books and answer a few easy questions.

1. Provide an example or two of systematic racism. Show us how one race holds down another.

2. Which race (per capita) is given the most welfare? Which one gets the most help with college funds? Who qualifies the most for section 8 housing? Who gets to have lower test scores and be admitted into college over white kids with higher scores?

Fact is we can sit here all day long as list what they get. BLM only uses the fact that they are "poor" as their proof. But every single piece of real data shows they have a ton more opportunity than others. It's their choice to not use it.

3. Name one Country, State, town on planet Earth that's 80+% black and not a craphole. Please explain how that's the white mans fault. If it is then the white man must be super busy traveling the world to make sure they're all poor.
                    I will probably regret this, but in the spirit of sincere debate, I'll respond.

Systemic racism is neither malicious nor intentional, but it is real. Here is one of a series of videos that explain and provide examples of systemic racism.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrHIQIO_bdQ"]Systemic Racism Explained - YouTube[/ame]

Your 2nd and 3rd questions can't be realistically answered because they're framed within your own assumptions and political biases. The welfare problem rests in the hands of our own government because they value buying votes more than anything else. The majority of fraud in government assistance programs is actually perpetrated by business and middle age white people.

Some people seem to think that acknowledging racism means your conceding every issue related to black citizens and communities - especially when politics are involved. But that's a false choice. It doesn't mean there are many issues that need to be resolved within those communities by the people that live there.

Want an example there? Go watch some of the local news interviews from Chicago stations with black residents. Begging for more police support and a strong police presence and they don't care what color the police officers are. But you'll never see that on CNN, MSN, Fox or Brietbart. It isn't divisive or inflammatory.

If you really believe that black people have more opportunities, it can only be because you want to believe that and only look for news and info that supports it. I actually get that it is easy to do that when so much of the stuff crammed down our throats comes from a politically motivated media hellbent on portraying us as living in a racist society with a white supremacist in the WH.

Comment

Sorry, I just meant to include the link.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                        I don’t think anyone denies that racism still exist to some extent. And always will, I would imagine.

Yep and it isn’t an exclusively white thing either like the media would have you believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          This statement right here is the very description of where we are in America today... APATHY... We've been in the Apathy stage of the decline of a Democracy for a while now. The next step is the end of freedom as we know it.... If it doesn't affect me in my daily life, it's OK. I just keep on keeping on... By the time it DOES affect you, it will be too late... What a pitiful state of affairs this once proud nation is in. God help us...
                          Absolutely agree. When or if one of these spoiled, self centered, arrogant, self righteous athletes stood on your loved ones grave with their ignorant actions that made it personal to you then you may change your mind.
                          I'm not all that surprised at some of the responses and support for their behaviour and actions.
                          The what's in it for me, I want it so to hell with everyone else type of mentality on here is sad to see.
                          One day people will wake up and say when did this or that happen or how can they do that. Then it may be to late.

Comment

Do you watch any movies or tv shows? There is likely an actress/actor that speaks out on today’s current issues and has a different opinion than you. I watch for the game. I don’t give a **** what they are trying to use there platform to promote. I don’t support them monetarily, they aren’t swaying my opinion. I watch for the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                              I will probably regret this, but in the spirit of sincere debate, I'll respond.

Systemic racism is neither malicious nor intentional, but it is real. Here is one of a series of videos that explain and provide examples of systemic racism.

Systemic Racism Explained - YouTube

Your 2nd and 3rd questions can't be realistically answered because they're framed within your own assumptions and political biases. The welfare problem rests in the hands of our own government because they value buying votes more than anything else. The majority of fraud in government assistance programs is actually perpetrated by business and middle age white people.

Some people seem to think that acknowledging racism means your conceding every issue related to black citizens and communities - especially when politics are involved. But that's a false choice. It doesn't mean there are many issues that need to be resolved within those communities by the people that live there.

Want an example there? Go watch some of the local news interviews from Chicago stations with black residents. Begging for more police support and a strong police presence and they don't care what color the police officers are. But you'll never see that on CNN, MSN, Fox or Brietbart. It isn't divisive or inflammatory.

If you really believe that black people have more opportunities, it can only be because you want to believe that and only look for news and info that supports it. I actually get that it is easy to do that when so much of the stuff crammed down our throats comes from a politically motivated media hellbent on portraying us as living in a racist society with a white supremacist in the WH.
                              That is the dumbest video I have watched in a long, long time. It is fundamentally biased and incorrect and based on a lot of assumptions to “prove” their point they are trying to make. Garbage video.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                                That is the dumbest video I have watched in a long, long time. It is fundamentally biased and incorrect and based on a lot of assumptions to “prove” their point they are trying to make. Garbage video.
                                And many people believe that crap to be 100% valid.

Comment

Working...
                                X