Port of Corpus Incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
    Thanks . With the name I thought it was one of Randy’s .
    Orion 20” hydraulic dredge, think the namesake worked for Kingfisher which was bought by Orion.

Prayers for the crew.

Comment

Close up shot from the water
      Attached Files

Comment

Dang

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            Every once and a while stuff ain’t where it’s supposed to be .
            BS. They all have the equipment to locate the pipe. A lot of incidents happen due to inexperience and or lack of performance. Lots of companies would rather save pennies and hire cheap workers. Eventually they end up finding out that wasn’t the best decision.

Corners shouldn’t be cut. People should do their job to a T. And 99.9% of incidents won’t happen.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              BS. They all have the equipment to locate the pipe. A lot of incidents happen due to inexperience and or lack of performance. Lots of companies would rather save pennies and hire cheap workers. Eventually they end up finding out that wasn’t the best decision.

Corners shouldn’t be cut. People should do their job to a T. And 99.9% of incidents won’t happen.
              I guess that was the .1 This goes on everyday all over this country this is what we call a accident. You might need to know the whole story [emoji12]. Prayers for the families

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for the missing and the ones hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                  I guess that was the .1 This goes on everyday all over this country this is what we call a accident. You might need to know the whole story [emoji12]. Prayers for the families

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                  Absolutely. Accidents happen. And I am for sure praying for the families. It’s a bad deal. This is the 3rd bad incident that I know about related to natural gas this month. ALL are sad and devastating. I don’t wish it on anybody.

My point was regarding his comment on “sometimes things aren’t where they are supposed to be”. And I agree with that. That’s why you do your job and locate the pipe. Monitor the excavation or any pipe exposure. I haven’t done any work with pipe in the water. But I have done a lot on land. Nearly all line strikes can be prevented. Exception would be old abandoned pipe that nobody knows are there anymore.

I AM curious on what happened. Do you mind sharing that info? PM works fine as I know folks directly involved likely can’t publicly post information.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                    The point im trying to make is we can locate the pipeline exactly and its depth. It should be done every time.
                    in a directional bore in the ground, under 60 feet of water?

how do they locate pipelines like that? sonar?

Comment

I heard the dredge sunk overnight
                      Can anyone confirm that?

Comment

Originally posted by bundyducks View Post
                        I heard the dredge sunk overnight
                        Can anyone confirm that?
                        My cousin is a harbor tug capt. He told me that this morning. Said the whole affair from the CG, Port authorities, all the way down was a real cluster.

Comment

Working...
                        X