Christiansen Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christiansen Arms

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a Christiansen Arms Ridgeline chambered in 280 AI, does anyone have any input or experience with this brand and specific model?

My dad just got a ridgeline in 7mm rem mag for his new backpacking rifle. It’s a really nice gun and even though it is a pretty light rifle, their muzzle breaks are great and isn’t overly loud and reduces recoil to about the equivalent of a .223. It’s a fun gun to shoot and shoots well at that. My only complaint about it is the bolt handle is small and kind of almost a hinderance if needing quick follow up shots, but this is all just an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
      My dad just got a ridgeline in 7mm rem mag for his new backpacking rifle. It’s a really nice gun and even though it is a pretty light rifle, their muzzle breaks are great and isn’t overly loud and reduces recoil to about the equivalent of a .223. It’s a fun gun to shoot and shoots well at that. My only complaint about it is the bolt handle is small and kind of almost a hinderance if needing quick follow up shots, but this is all just an opinion.
      Awesome thanks for the info brother, the bolt knob is just threaded on though correct? If it is should be pretty easy to replace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecobeast View Post
        Awesome thanks for the info brother, the bolt knob is just threaded on though correct? If it is should be pretty easy to replace.
        I think so if I remember correctly as I have only seen it and shot it once while he was breaking the barrel in. The whole bolt arm and knob is very small and thin IMO but when achieving a light rifle you have to save weight and shave unneeded metal some where.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          I think so if I remember correctly as I have only seen it and shot it once while he was breaking the barrel in. The whole bolt arm and knob is very small and thin IMO but when achieving a light rifle you have to save weight and shave unneeded metal some where.
          Gotcha man thanks for the feedback.

Comment

I have one in a 6.5 cm. It is a really nice rifle and feels good in the hand. One of my most accurate guns to date and I have gone through a bunch of rifles. Some people will say they don’t shoot but I disagree unless I just got a good one. I think you will be happy with it. Great value for the cost of it.

Comment

I did a fair amount of research on them and reading reviews for the last couple of gun purchases I have made and there really isn't much bad about them anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda2525 View Post
                I have one in a 6.5 cm. It is a really nice rifle and feels good in the hand. One of my most accurate guns to date and I have gone through a bunch of rifles. Some people will say they don’t shoot but I disagree unless I just got a good one. I think you will be happy with it. Great value for the cost of it.
                Good to hear, the cost is one of the major reasons I am looking at it, for the features its pretty hard to beat for that price point. Still not 100% sure this is the route I will go or just spend the extra coin and have APR build it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
                  I did a fair amount of research on them and reading reviews for the last couple of gun purchases I have made and there really isn't much bad about them anywhere.
                  I have been reading on them for about a week and came up with the same conclusion

Comment

I have the Ridgeline is 28 Nosler. Yes the bolt knob is threaded and they sell a oversized bolt know that looks exactly like the one it comes with just bigger. I replaced mine with that one and it feels much better. Unfortunately I got a bad barrel on mine. I tried all kinds of different ammo and load development, switched scopes, mounts, had other people shoot it and it just was not consistent. I called Christensen and they said to send it in. Unfortunately that was also the time 28 Nosler ammo was no where to be found. After waiting 4 weeks on ammo, I just mailed them some I had. They finally got to shoot the rifle yesterday and today and called me earlier with the good new that they will be rebarrel if the rifle and get it back to me ASAP. This makes me very happy. I don't care what it is or who makes it no one is perfect and will have a few problems here and there how you react to those problems is what matters and Christensen is doing the right thing by rebarreling the rifle for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                      I have the Ridgeline is 28 Nosler. Yes the bolt knob is threaded and they sell a oversized bolt know that looks exactly like the one it comes with just bigger. I replaced mine with that one and it feels much better. Unfortunately I got a bad barrel on mine. I tried all kinds of different ammo and load development, switched scopes, mounts, had other people shoot it and it just was not consistent. I called Christensen and they said to send it in. Unfortunately that was also the time 28 Nosler ammo was no where to be found. After waiting 4 weeks on ammo, I just mailed them some I had. They finally got to shoot the rifle yesterday and today and called me earlier with the good new that they will be rebarrel if the rifle and get it back to me ASAP. This makes me very happy. I don't care what it is or who makes it no one is perfect and will have a few problems here and there how you react to those problems is what matters and Christensen is doing the right thing by rebarreling the rifle for me.
                      Awesome Customer Service right there, makes me pretty confident with the choice.

Comment

Hunter has one in 30 nosler . Loudest gun I have ever heard.

Comment

Just saw that they are making them in lefty now. The saving part begins.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecobeast View Post
                            Awesome Customer Service right there, makes me pretty confident with the choice.
                            Yep, and I can second how well there brake works. That 28 Nosler loaded heavy kicks a little less than my sons 243. Only rifle I have with a break and I was absolutely amazed first time I shot it.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                              Yep, and I can second how well there brake works. That 28 Nosler loaded heavy kicks a little less than my sons 243. Only rifle I have with a break and I was absolutely amazed first time I shot it.
                              You're kidding...less than a 243? Not doubting you, but surprised. How loud is it? Asking, b/c I'm considering one.

Comment

Working...
                              X