No announcement yet.

Christmas Meals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribeyes for me, the wife, and the boy. My daughter is in a “I don’t like beef” phase right now, so she’s having crab legs.

Comment

We go the traditional Italian style with 7 different kinds of seafood, shrimp, scallops, baby clams(vongole),mussels,calamari, cod(baccala) and snails(scungilli) and lots of wine from a family winery in Italy.
      Italians are big on Christmas eve. My Kraut wife, she is big on Christmas day. But she has been with me long enough to almost be considered Italian...Almost.
      KIMG2450 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Chili, tamales, boiled shrimp, various dips, ro-tel, and those little ham pickle cream cheese rolls. No idea how we got to this point, I call it the heartburn meal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Waiting on a couple of butts to finish up right now

Comment

Pork loin. One of the gut shot hogs didn't make it to the Woods is so what the heck

Comment

Got a 16 lb prime brisket on the smoker, and Italian food tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                Waiting on a couple of butts to finish up right now

I'll be over soon buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                  Stuffing and dressing are different. Stuffing is white bread based and stuffed up the turkey’s cavity.

Dressing is cornbread based and not stuffed in the turkey.

I grew up in the Deep South and the only people that called it stuffing was Yankees that migrated south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Technically sure. I've had "stuffing" not stuffed in the turkey pretty much my whole life in ohio. My parents lived in Alexandria,LA for awhile long enough to let dressing slip a few times haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Stuffing and dressing are different. Stuffing is white bread based and stuffed up the turkey’s cavity.

Dressing is cornbread based and not stuffed in the turkey.

I grew up in the Deep South and the only people that called it stuffing was Yankees that migrated south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never knew that in my 26 years on this Earth.... Guess you learn something new everyday lol guess I'll move my city slicking *** to NY or Cali [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                      we are doing the Mississippi pot roast we learned about last week here on the green screen.
                      There ya go brother....let us know what you think!!

Comment

For as long as I can remember we have had turkey or ham for Christmas. This year we decided to have seafood gumbo. Man it smells good in here!!

Where I come from it's "stuffing."

Comment

First batch on the grill

Comment

Putting a whole rib roast on the green egg in the morning

Comment

Ribeyes, baked potatoes and asparagus

Comment

We had roast (with several sides) at my parents house tonight.

Tomorrow at the in laws house were having prime rib.

Normally we have a repeat of Thanksgiving type food (turkey and ham) but decided to go a different route this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X