No announcement yet.

VFD donations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any amount is respected and appreciated.

Comment

Moneys tight in my household, but I try to donate a deerstand I build every year, didnt get to last year but got to this year.

Comment

Buddy I work with had a brush pile get outta hand and the VFD came out. He was asking us how much we thought he ought to donate and then a few days later he said never mind, they sent me a bill!lol
        Covering the cost of the tire would be super appreciated I'm thinking...then ice it with some extra $.
        Oh, and I never miss the fundraisers. Dang good cooks!

Comment

I take the kids a couple times a year and drop off cases of water and Gatorade and a check for whatever is comfortable at the time (usually $200 - $300).

Comment

I would give at least $500 but would probably closer to $1k. You might talk to whomever has your fire insurance and let them know that they don’t have a claim because of the VFD. They may make an additional donation.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Had a buddy get stuck with a $40k steer that was "running bids up" at the County Fair a couple years back. Funny as hell.
              The art of runnin' up a bid includes knowin' when to run .

Comment

When my BIL “accidentally” started a grass fire in rural Oklahoma, the VFD came and put it out. He shot a deer, had it processed, and gave it to the station. Along with a donation.

Comment

Donating a hunt at your place if they do a fundraiser auction would be big. Also see if you can provide a thank you dinner at one of their monthly department meetings. Someone brought home cooked briskets and all the fixings after our dept saved his shop with vehicles in it.

Comment

I normally donate $200 at the annual fundraiser and haven't needed them. $200 -$500 seems reasonable to me. My dads beer joint burnt down back in the 60s when the horses broke loose and couldn't get the water wagon to the fire. Man a bunch of alcoholics were ******.

Comment

With the offering plate set so high I hope that you are doing well. I think you should take the chief hunting.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        Had a buddy get stuck with a $40k steer that was "running bids up" at the County Fair a couple years back. Funny as hell.

Double post....still funny.
                        Yes, I support our local VFD and there are a couple of us that mess with each other. We know what we can afford and don't try to burn each other. Just try to get more out of the bid for the FD. All in good fun.

Comment

I take all the AFFF foam from the offshore ship I work and donate it to them when we replace it. Last year I took 19 5gal jugs to them. I asked the guy "do y'all use this to train with since it's expired?" He said "heck no, this stuff is so expensive we will use it to put out fires"

Our company just throws it away when it expires, crazy

Comment

I'm glad you did not lose anything of significant value, Court. I think it is noble of you to donate. I'm sure they will appreciate anything.

Comment

Most people don’t give anything unfortunately, so anything would be appreciated. Cost of the tire would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
                                Tax deductible.....give whatever you're comfortable with giving. For some people $20 is alot, for some $2000 is nothing
                                Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                What would you have paid if you knew it was gonna burn up 4 deer blinds and a barn?

I would think a couple thousand bucks would really be significant to their operation. They usually have a yearly BBQ/Fish fry, auction, fundraiser as well. Those are a good chance to go over pay for something you may or may not need and run some bids up.

I think these 2 post pretty much sum it up. You can go from there.

Comment

Working...
                                X