No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Mystery Ranch Metcalf pack finally shipped after a 85 day wait. Hoping to leave to New Mexico next Friday but looks like work might make me cancel my trip. Good thing I have a Colorado trip planned too. Just a holler out for Good Luck to all the hunters chasing elk this year!

Comment

Just finished hunting Wyoming antelope and driving to Idaho for the elk opener as I type this. Hope they are at least a little vocal

Comment

One week from tomorrow!!! Our group text thread has been firing of with a lot of excited souls ready to suffer in the elk woods.

Comment

Any pronghorn pics to share?
          Travel safe.

Comment

Just packed for a 9 day sheep hunt. Hope to have pictures to share soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	6CBE2912-EE7D-457E-AC12-13A3C5F1A45E.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	24591128

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
              Just packed for a 9 day sheep hunt. Hope to have pictures to share soon. [ATTACH]969933[/ATTACH]
              Good luck, be safe and take lots of pics!!!

Comment

Leave the 3rd to begin our drive to Montana for my hunt starting opening day. My gf wants to go to Antelope canyon outside Page, Arizona on the way up and we are spending the night in salt lake also. She is catching a flight out Friday night back home and I’m hunting for 8 or 9 days. Hopefully coming home heavy. Lots of elk being seen, bulls are starting to show up

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                  Just packed for a 9 day sheep hunt. Hope to have pictures to share soon. [ATTACH]969933[/ATTACH]

Have a great trip!! What state?

Comment

Man wish i was just tagging along with someone! Good luck everyone! Keep the pics coming!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                      Have a great trip!! What state?
                      NM

Comment

I'll be in southern CO from September 15th-22nd on private land. Hopefully elk will be at or near peak rut. I'll have a private land (rifle) bear tag in my pocket too. Hoping to kill my first elk and bear.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          I'll be in southern CO from September 15th-22nd on private land. Hopefully elk will be at or near peak rut. I'll have a private land (rifle) bear tag in my pocket too. Hoping to kill my first elk and bear.
                          Will be there those dates as well. Historically the 3rd week was best for bugling but not sure what the moon will do to the activity this year

Comment

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                            Will be there those dates as well. Historically the 3rd week was best for bugling but not sure what the moon will do to the activity this year
                            Yeah, full moon is 14th. Our actual hunt doesn't start til the 17th. We're gonna fish a little before then. Hopefully, there will be good mid-day activity with that moon and the rut combined, rather than everything happening in the middle of the night. Hopefully, being on private land without a lot of pressure will help that as well. Fingers crossed....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                              Assuming I tag out in NM before 17th I’ll be headed to SCO also.

Comment

If any of y’all do live hunts please drop link here so i don’t miss them! Good luck everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                                X