X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloaders?- Running Quick Load-

anyone using the "quick Load" program?

https://www.accurateshooter.com/gear...ckload-review/

I am trying to estimate a velocity of a load without a chronograph and if you have the program and are willing to run my numbers, please let me know.

Reason needed is for Leopold CDS dial.

I want it bad...just cant make myself spend to get.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
      Ya I am hoping that someone helps a poor guy out.

Do not reload for a lot of calibers so not with the big dollars for me.

Comment

the best method is to site in dead on at 100yd then shoot dead on at 300 and measure the drop then you can back calculate the velocity, BC, and project your drop for the next 1000 yards

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
          IMO, if you’re shooting at 100 - 200 yds for group size without a chronograph you’re wasting your time, money, and powder. A Chrono will provide you with so much valuable information such as accuracy nodes, comparison between similar burn rate powders, hot loads / pressures that render your brass useless. Knowing velocity is crucial in fine tuning for accuracy and shooting long range.

Comment

I want to get Quick Load myself, but I agree with Blake about the chronograph. Especially if you’re going to use the velocities for a CDS dial. Chronic your load and shoot different distances to verify.

Comment

I will take that into consideration Blake, thanks.

This is for a hunting set up, but do want to keep the groups tight, as this set up shoots better then me.

Comment

What is your load and gun? Just curious, no quickload

Comment

Nothing special. The classic .270 Winchester load, 60 gn H4831. 0.020 jump to lands, 25" x-caliber 5r barrel. Case water capacity 67.1, Nosler published has the 130 BT bullet load of 59.0 @ 3124fps and 64.6 water capacity. 24" barrel.

Bullet is 130 gn BT spritzer, B.C. 0.433. S.D.0242
                  Scoop hight is 1.75"
                  CCI #200 primer
                  3.370 O.A.C.L

Comment

Anything quick load tells you will be a WAG, definitely not close enough for dials, IMHO. Come down to Brazoria one evening and we can put it through my chronograph.

Comment

QL calculates 3148 fps, 9.3% compressed load, 3.7% of the powder is burning after it leaves the barrel. 61,275 psi, pretty warm load.

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
                      Nothing special. The classic .270 Winchester load, 60 gn H4831. 0.020 jump to lands, 25" x-caliber 5r barrel. Case water capacity 67.1, Nosler published has the 130 BT bullet load of 59.0 @ 3124fps and 64.6 water capacity. 24" barrel.

Bullet is 130 gn BT spritzer, B.C. 0.433. S.D.0242
                      Scoop hight is 1.75"
                      CCI #200 primer
                      3.370 O.A.C.L

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                        IMO, if you’re shooting at 100 - 200 yds for group size without a chronograph you’re wasting your time, money, and powder. A Chrono will provide you with so much valuable information such as accuracy nodes, comparison between similar burn rate powders, hot loads / pressures that render your brass useless. Knowing velocity is crucial in fine tuning for accuracy and shooting long range.
                        I agree 100% , a chronograph is not an expensive tool anymore either. I have a Pro Chrono that I bought years ago and l can use it with rifles,pistols or arrows. Load development is so much easier too.

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                          QL calculates 3148 fps, 9.3% compressed load, 3.7% of the powder is burning after it leaves the barrel. 61,275 psi, pretty warm load.
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                            Anything quick load tells you will be a WAG, definitely not close enough for dials, IMHO. Come down to Brazoria one evening and we can put it through my chronograph.
                            May have to take you up on your offer. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X