X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been wondering the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
      I do not want to miss this but calling APR today, I see it's too early to order. Is there email notification I can fill out or do I just need to check TBH daily?

Here is what I'm thinking:
      Sendero option, burnt bronze cerakote with a camo pattern that will match, 6.5 PRC long action, bdl bottom metal, straight fluting on the barrel and spiral on the bolt, removable 419 brake (or similar) with a cap for when I go without the brake. Not sure about barrel length (20"?) or twist (:7.5"). Plan to shoot 143 ELD-X. What am I missing? Doable? Good choices? I've never done a custom so I'm not as picky as come folks who have many but do want to stay less than $2500. Already have glass and a case.
      Robert will start a official thread in a couple weeks once testing is done and it’ll include a deadline. It will stay at the top so no worries about missing it and I would guess a solid 3-4 week window to order before he starts on them.
      You’ll just call APR and iron out the details and then give them access to your bank account lol

Easy process

Comment

Back to the huge issue of a cartridge decision... there's such a variety of choices on this.

Without regard to recoil please, What's the opinion of a 300 RUM in the tier One rifle?

I have a couple of nice custom 28 Noslers, a stable of 7 Rem Mags, and I have kinda decided that a 6.5 is tempting but just not quite necessary for me. I have a couple of very good factory rifles in 300 RUM, but not a custom gun. I happen to have a ton of factory 300 RUM ammo, reloading dies and a huge stock of brass, and I absolutely love this Big Fast 30, so....

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
          Back to the huge issue of a cartridge decision... there's such a variety of choices on this.

Without regard to recoil please, What's the opinion of a 300 RUM in the tier One rifle?

I have a couple of nice custom 28 Noslers, a stable of 7 Rem Mags, and I have kinda decided that a 6.5 is tempting but just not quite necessary for me. I have a couple of very good factory rifles in 300 RUM, but not a custom gun. I happen to have a ton of factory 300 RUM ammo, reloading dies and a huge stock of brass, and I absolutely love this Big Fast 30, so....

Sounds like you answered your own question. Sounds to me that you have confidence in it and know what shooting it entails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texas89 View Post
            Sounds like you answered your own question. Sounds to me that you have confidence in it and know what shooting it entails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Yeah, I'm just wondering how well the 300 RUM fits into that tier 1 build... I don't see a negative issue, but I'm open to discussion about it.

Comment

How would it affect the price of the 6.5 prc sendero option to add a removable magazine? Is that like $50 or $500? It would be nice to have. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpg View Post
                Yeah, I'm just wondering how well the 300 RUM fits into that tier 1 build... I don't see a negative issue, but I'm open to discussion about it.
                The Tier 1 build won't be as light as a Christensen Carbon Custom and 300 RUM recoil is no problem in it...........as long as that brake is installed. Remove that brake and you won't have a long bench session with it.

Comment

following closely with much interest

Comment

My concern with the carbon barrel is how abusive I am with gear(terrible luck). I havent messed with them, but somehow still, I know I could kill it !!

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                      My concern with the carbon barrel is how abusive I am with gear(terrible luck). I havent messed with them, but somehow still, I know I could kill it !!
                      They are very tuff, I dought you could harm it.

Comment

You can't hurt it! I've tried Speaking of barrels.....the last of the test barrels showed up on the brown truck today. Stay tuned...

Comment

Come on man, I owned one of your rifles. It was in like new condition.

Chris, you work in aviation, you know it's tuff material. I've seen it take some hard abuse but like anything it's not bullet proof.

When I get mine, you can stop by the hangar and take a look at it. Or we can meet at Central Texas for some BBQ.

You'll want one then....

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                            You can't hurt it! I've tried Speaking of barrels.....the last of the test barrels showed up on the brown truck today. Stay tuned...

[emoji1316][emoji1316][emoji1316] been chomping at the bit for testing to be done and you open up orders so I call!
                            Speaking of which. I have just a few questions I’d like to know before I decide on everything. Is it ok to call the shop? Or rather wait till the build details are set in stone?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                              Come on man, I owned one of your rifles. It was in like new condition.

Chris, you work in aviation, you know it's tuff material. I've seen it take some hard abuse but like anything it's not bullet proof.

When I get mine, you can stop by the hangar and take a look at it. Or we can meet at Central Texas for some BBQ.

You'll want one then....
                              That .260 was a shooter !! We may have to do that. I'd like to check one out up close. Any guesses on the weight difference between that proof barrel and a ratchet fluted bartlein sendero profile?

Comment

Originally posted by XR650RRider View Post
                                The Tier 1 build won't be as light as a Christensen Carbon Custom and 300 RUM recoil is no problem in it...........as long as that brake is installed. Remove that brake and you won't have a long bench session with it.
                                This is exactly why I said “without regard to recoil” in my post. I knew someone would address that issue, which is a nonissue to me, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X