Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While y’all debate Ahmaud Abery- this is the death case the nation should focus on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Yep .
    Criminal organization at its finest.
    Then factor in, that in 2006 the Supreme Court ruled, that cop's no longer have any duty to protect you .
    And people support em lmao!
    Mayberry is long gone brother, they are the enemy.
    No one violates constitutional rights the way police do.
    They ruled that there is no US Constitution requirement for local police protection. If you can find such an article or Amendment, please post it.

A state (under the 10th Amendment) can order such actions by the police law or by their own constitution.

The police have never constitutionally been required to protect anyone.

Texas as an example has some laws that require an investigation or arrest. In such cases you can definitely sue for non-action. There is no US Constitution requirement that the police show up and do what you want.

That would be a federal government overreach which people complain so much about....

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      But what color were they? Gotta be a racist slant before anyone gets upset.
      They meet the criteria

Comment

RCole that is what a No Knick is. Usually there are other things coming in at same time. It would take a special type of person to have clear mind 5 seconds after a flash bang goes off in your bedroom. Even if you know it’s coming you can’t help but look. Pair that with the pressure and not being able to hear and they are effective. There are so many moving parts happening. No Knock is meant to be a surprise.

Comment

Sad affair if it happened like it looks.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post

Safest way in my opinion is when people are stopped away from dwelling and go back and serve warrant on dwelling once intel is gathered that it is empty
            this has always been my stance and I would almost always suggest it, swat never liked to hear it

Comment

RCole that is what a No Knick is. Usually there are other things coming in at same time. It would take a special type of person to have clear mind 5 seconds after a flash bang goes off in your bedroom. Even if you know it’s coming you can’t help but look. Pair that with the pressure and not being able to hear and they are effective. There are so many moving parts happening. No Knock is meant to be a surprise.
              Appears the flash-bangs disorient the LEOs also:

“Shots were blindly fired by the officers all throughout Breonna’s home and also into the adjacent home, where a five-year-old child and a pregnant mother had been sleeping,” attorneys for Taylor’s mother wrote in the lawsuit.

No-knocks just don't seem worth the risk to either party, IMO. Too much can go wrong.

Comment

Aren't the flash bangs known to cause fires?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                  Aren't the flash bangs known to cause fires?
                  It is possible. I don’t think it is a very high percentage, like minuscule.

Comment

If I don't have a phone call before hand and someone comes in my door at night they'll either be met with my 12 gauge or my wife's 9mm, both within arms reach of our sleeping position. I'll wait until more unfolds to blame the cops for this but it seems its happening more and more these days. I definitely don't think the majority of the cops have our best interests at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      They ruled that there is no US Constitution requirement for local police protection. If you can find such an article or Amendment, please post it.

A state (under the 10th Amendment) can order such actions by the police law or by their own constitution.

The police have never constitutionally been required to protect anyone.

Texas as an example has some laws that require an investigation or arrest. In such cases you can definitely sue for non-action. There is no US Constitution requirement that the police show up and do what you want.

That would be a federal government overreach which people complain so much about....

There used to be a phrase stickered on a good many patrol vehicles.

“To protect and serve “

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        But what color were they? Gotta be a racist slant before anyone gets upset.
                        The media is dead silent on this one from 4 days ago too.

A married Maryland couple in their 80s were killed at a Delaware cemetery by a gunman whom authorities later found dead, according to reports. Sheldon C. Francis, 29, gunned down an 85-year-old wom…

Delaware state police Sunday identified the deceased suspect in the double fatal shooting of an elderly couple.
                        Last edited by PondPopper; 05-14-2020, 05:10 PM.

Comment

So what about damage to your property if the police get it wrong...do they pay for all damage including emotional distress?

Comment

Originally posted by J-5 View Post
                            There used to be a phrase stickered on a good many patrol vehicles.

“To protect and serve “
                            They still do. The SCOTUS ruled that if your house gets broken into or you get assaulted, you can’t sue the police for violating your constitutional rights.

Comment

There area issues and there is no excuse for hitting the wrong house other than not crossing every T and fitting every I. Teams should have someone with eyes on the target well before their approach and if they start to approach wrong residence abort it. Search warrants and details of the target should be gone over with every member of the team and be as detailed as possible. Fence type, construction type,color, door mat wording if you can get it. Any and every detail of the target every team member should have. That way if any one of them sees something different it stops. That is one area I agree needs to be flawless and in past it has not been.

This case isn't funny but remember when Chief Gates was in the passenger seat and directed the driving officer to ram the wrong house with his multi million dollar armored battering ram. No drugs but a mother and 2 young children were having ice cream. Of course Gates had the press there for the raid to show off his new equipment. It was funny, much chuckling in the halls of Parker Center followed by door slamming.

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GoOFJF0PpU"]Truth About Breonna Taylor's Case - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                X