What kind of grass is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only type of grassy weeds growing this time of year is wild Rye grass

Roundup will absolutely kill it guaranteed. Just spot spray it in your yard, spray it directly in the center about the size 1/2 dollar.
    Last edited by RMW; 03-16-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Try some weed and feed. A lot of this stuff will die off when it gets hot.

Comment

Have you tried spraying it with Eraser? That stuff is good on most anything, except nutsedge of course. Round-up sux big time compared to Eraser.

Comment

i have the same problem.
          apply a good preemergent first to keep any new ones from popping out.. then go around for an hour with that plucker and get as many as u can out..
          then spray entire yard w celcius...
          Then fertilize the heck outta the yard with milorganite.. stuff is amazing for bermuda..
          Remember your bermuda needs food and is kind of a weed that will choke out most other weeds if you keep it healthy

Comment

2-4D is a broad leaf crabgrass killer safe for Bermuda. Get it at Tractor Supply in the farm section in higher concentration for less money than the big box stores.

Comment

What kind of grass is this?

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
              i have the same problem.
              apply a good preemergent first to keep any new ones from popping out.. then go around for an hour with that plucker and get as many as u can out..
              then spray entire yard w celcius...
              Then fertilize the heck outta the yard with milorganite.. stuff is amazing for bermuda..
              Remember your bermuda needs food and is kind of a weed that will choke out most other weeds if you keep it healthy

Will definitely get some of that and keep it fed and as healthy as I can

Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
              Have you tried spraying it with Eraser? That stuff is good on most anything, except nutsedge of course. Round-up sux big time compared to Eraser.

I have not. But will look around for some

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
              2-4D is a broad leaf crabgrass killer safe for Bermuda. Get it at Tractor Supply in the farm section in higher concentration for less money than the big box stores.

I was recommended from a friend to get 2-4D and will get a bottle next time I go to the lease and pass a tractor supply. Will that stuff kill nutsedge? A neighbor told me this stuff is nutsedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                Will definitely get some of that and keep it fed and as healthy as I can

I have not. But will look around for some

I was recommended from a friend to get 2-4D and will get a bottle next time I go to the lease and pass a tractor supply. Will that stuff kill nutsedge? A neighbor told me this stuff is nutsedge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                2 4 D will not kill nutsedge. It will only kill broadleaf weeds. MSMA should kill it.

Comment

Working...
                X