No announcement yet.

Nice area to stay in Colorado?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Lakes is a cool little area that is not too "touristy". It is a short drive to Aspen if you want to get into a town.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      Granby!
      We rented an awesome house on Lake Granby for the 4th of July week. Really looking forward to it!!

Comment

I like the area around Ouray. Last trip up we stayed in a cabin up above Ridgeway and liked it alot. Close drive to Ouray, Silverton, etc and all the jeep trails in that area. Also a close drive to Montrose which has about anything you could want as far as stores, places to eat, etc.

Get on VRBO and Air BnB to find a cabin.

Comment

These look very nice.

https://glampinghub.com/rentalsearch/luxury-cabin-rentals-hot-tub-near-silverton-colorado/?q=&checkin=&checkout=&guests=2&lang=en&page=1&sor t=recomended&currency=USD&filters={%22categories%2 2:[],%22features%22:[],%22flags%22:[],%22genericCollection%22:%22Collection-2378%22}
          Last edited by nando; 04-09-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Too crowded. Too many liberals. Crappy gun laws.

Red River New Mexico is where you want to go. Lots of Texans and your LTC is recognized.

Comment

Do not know what is available, but the Creede area along the Rio Grande is beautiful.
              Might want to check out the Los Alamos area in New Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Too crowded. Too many liberals. Crappy gun laws.

Red River New Mexico is where you want to go. Lots of Texans and your LTC is recognized.
                I’ll agree with the crappy gun laws and too many liberals, but RR is just as crowded if not moreso the few times I’ve been. Unfortunately NM is going to have just as bad, if not worse, gun laws if the governor has her way.

Comment

If you're driving Colorado Springs is a beautiful area. Plenty to to keep you busy.

Comment

I’m not moving there guys. Just trying to plan a nice trip in Colorado. Thanks for the advice.

Leaning towards Colorado Springs

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      I’ll agree with the crappy gun laws and too many liberals, but RR is just as crowded if not moreso the few times I’ve been. Unfortunately NM is going to have just as bad, if not worse, gun laws if the governor has her way.
                      Not even close in the winter. 30 minute lift lines at I70 resorts. Never seen a lift line at Red River.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can find a place better than Lake City, co let me know. We go up every summer and its awesome. Beautiful, small town. Rent a cabin that over looks Lake San Cristobal. Rent a jeep and go trail riding, or just do some of the great hikes. The views are unbelievable! Pm me if you have any questions or want me to text you some pics and recommendations. My favorite place on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Not even close in the winter. 30 minute lift lines at I70 resorts. Never seen a lift line at Red River.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I can see that. I don’t ski, and rarely go to either in the winter or spring. My in laws have a cabin in Red River, so I go up there in the summer some. I spend considerably more time in CO in the summer though.

Comment

Working...
                          X