Heavy Arrows = Pass Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmagsdad View Post
    Impressive. Took me A LOT longer than 15 minutes.

I admire Smart's particular brand of humor, as well.
    Skimmed it LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
      Wasted 15 minutes of my life I will never get back.
      Mr. Smart you are hilarious.
      This thread is that bad compared to others?

Comment

Originally posted by crc View Post
        This thread is that bad compared to others?
        It's kind of like comparing a hibachi restaurant to this

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          It's kind of like comparing a hibachi restaurant to this

window licker

Comment

Heavy...or no?

Comment

Got a pass through on a 90# sow .
              400 grains 30# draw - had rotator cuff surgery 11 weeks prior

Comment

Why not shoot a heavy and light arrow through ballistic gel and see which one penetrates deeper?

Comment

Originally posted by TwoHighways View Post
                  Why not shoot a heavy and light arrow through ballistic gel and see which one penetrates deeper?

Because through gel they should both pass through. On good shots both should pass through an animal also. When a marginal shot is made and bone is introduced is when a heavier arrow will penetrate better and be at an advantage.

Comment

LMAO here we go again

Comment

Why not just calculate KE for two given arrows? All you would need is a chronometer.

I contend that a quiet bow is more important than how fast an arrow gets to the target, but I’m also of the opinion that people shouldn’t be shooting beyond 30 yards at a live animal anyway. Heavy arrows are quieter out of my setup and I get better fixed blade flight (I prefer large heads) with slower speeds (less planing). Just more variables to consider.
                      Last edited by TwoHighways; 12-03-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sotx View Post
                        LMAO here we go again
                        You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                          So is the discussion over? Who won? Did we change anyone’s mind on anything?

Leroy Jenkins!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I didn't realize how many short little fella's feathers I'd ruffled with this thread.

Comment

Arrow weight is important, as well as speed.

Example. My daughter was about ten and we were bowfishing. I had her a youth recurve and some youth sized bowfishing arrows I cut down to fit her draw length. Bad mistake, she could hit the fish, but nothing would stick. I told her to get my recurve and shoot one. She picked up my 45lb recurve and shot through a good sized buffalo and reeled him in. Obviously she could not go full draw, but in this instance, the longer, as well as heavier arrow worked. So, I put a full length arrow on her reel and she had success.

Now this is sort of at the extreme, since in bowfishing you are shooting down, however too light was not effective. Now, had her draw length and therefore speed would be less, this more than likely would have had the arrows bouncing off fish as there was not enough energy to push the arrow fast enough.

There is only a balance, which you need to find what works for you. I shoot what I believe works best for me at my comfortable yardages.

Anyways, fixed or mechanicals???

Comment

This thread is hillarious..
                                You young whipper snappers crack me up.... Nothing rivals years of experience..
                                Some of you youtube "archery pro's" actually think that the rest of really care what think.. LMAO!!

Comment

Working...
                                X