Dallas area Duck Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas area Duck Hunting

I know this is a touchy subject and I am not asking for specific spots. My daughters boy friend from South Carolina, followed her to Texas while she gets her Masters at Tarleton. He lives in Addison, working while she goes to school. He’s a great young man and I would love it if he feel in love with the great Texas outdoors and decided to stay here if one day they marry.

So can anyone give me some spots that he could go duck hunting around the area? I am not familiar with DFW at all. He is bringing his boat here probably in Feb. I know that will be to late for this years season. But he loves to bass fish also.

Thanks

Any of the lakes up there, Ray Roberts, Lewisville, Lavon, etc.....with everyone else.

Comment

You have good intentions, but it doesn't work like that. If he really loves the outdoors and wants to duck hunt, he will put in the work on public land and figure it out. I did 12yrs ago and learned the hard way about giving out the X.

Comment

Originally posted by ktex View Post
        You have good intentions, but it doesn't work like that. If he really loves the outdoors and wants to duck hunt, he will put in the work on public land and figure it out. I did 12yrs ago and learned the hard way about giving out the X.
        Like I said, I was not asking for specific spots. I wasn’t even sure if some of the lakes up there allowed public duck hunting. I have received more than a couple of PM’s with the information I was looking for. Thanks

Comment

Ducks errywhere

Comment

Ktex, please go back and read Brians first sentence... he’s not asking for gps coordinates, just some general lakes for the young man to look at.

SMDH.

Brian, I’ll text you a couple lake to look at.

Comment

Brian sent you some info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you everyone. Now I am going to have to look at the lakes down around me to see if we have as many public places as you have up north! Thanks again for all the pm’s and text.

Comment

Type 2 license and corp permit and start scouting. The harder the place to find the fewer people that will be there. The boat definitely helps.

Comment

Don't overlook public hunting areas in southern oklahoma

Comment

Weekends at Ray Roberts there are trucks at every bridge and my nephew said probably 50 boats at buck creek ramp

Comment

Coffee Mill in Fannin...you're welcome and HNY!

Comment

Finding ducks on public land can be a challenge but very doable. We have lots of good
                          Opportunities around dfw for duck hunting.

Comment

LBJ, Cooper, Twok and Texoma

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                              LBJ, Cooper, Twok and Texoma
                              Lot of birds on Cooper

Comment

Working...
                              X