Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-26-2020, 09:20 AM   #151
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

Our church puts together homeless bags. Usually has a bottle of water, package of snack crackers, small bottle of hand sanitizer, and a protein type bar and a list of homeless shelters, places to go, as well as phone numbers to get help. I will take a few if I am going to be in Austin other than that I don't give them anything. Probably not the christian thing to do I guess but I can't afford to feed the world.
texan4ut is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 11:30 AM   #152
gfulton
Eight Point

Depends on what she looks like.
gfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 12:18 PM   #153
Swampa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Never. I work for my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #154
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

I have a few times. The last time I did it I was getting food. The guy said he was hungry so I gave him some money. All the sudden he disappears so I stop across the street to get gas and he's in there buying cigarettes.

He comes into where I work all the time to get coffee and uses the water hose out front to take a shower sometimes. He knows exactly who I am because he really doesn't talk to me. He tried to start a conversation with me one day. The wind was blowing around 80mph that day and it was funny because he sat down and there was a long awkward silence. He says "So.....What's the weather supposed to be like today?" I look out the window and said......"Windy." He nodded his head in approval of my answer. That guys dishonest and he knows that I know it.

I never said nothin to him about it so I don't know why be acts all weird about it. A lot of people have lied to me. I don't care.

Last edited by okrattler; 01-26-2020 at 12:26 PM.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 12:35 PM   #155
bow4my2
Pope & Young

I was working with my brother in Florida and a guy was begging. We pulled up and offered him some work, shower, money and food. Told him where to be and when. He said , no thanks, that sounds too hard, Id rather sit with my hand out.
bow4my2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #156
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Nope.

Black Ice is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-26-2020, 01:21 PM   #157
Jeremy7306
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whitney, Anywhere I can find

Absolutely not

Jeremy7306 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 08:53 AM   #158
FLASH_OUTDOORS
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Davy Crockett National Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Some of you fellas should spend more time in the Word. We are called to be generous with what God HAS ALLOWED us to be stewards of. We are called NOT to pass judgement, lest ye too shall be judged - and by the same criteria. Good luck out there, to all you fellas that think something could never happen to you with the result being homelessness. I’m not naive, but’s it’s not my job to sort out the good and the bad, it’s Gods. It’s also not my money, it’s His. The end.

This!!! OP. Instead of going to others and asking opinions, look to the word and see what god says you should do. We were given a handbook. Just turn to Matthew 6 : 2-4 and tell me what you think.

I have a story/testimony to go along with this.

I have always collected quarters. Weird I know. Bicentennial and 1986 was my thing. When I married my wife, I added 1987 to the mix. I always keep a bicentennial, a 1987 and a 1986 in my center console. I play drums, and mine and my wife’s birth year.

One day I stopped off at a gas station near George R. Brown convention center. If you’ve never been there, you can’t really picture it. 100’s of tents setup under the bridge. The city allows it. They actually have a trash service that goes thru there. Anyway, I get out to fuel up and I was approached by a homeless man. My first reaction as “ohh man I knew I shouldn’t have stopped here”. He asked if he could borrow a dollar. I instantly told him, “nah man, I don’t carry cash.” The he said, “ I will take pennies or anything.”

Then god spoke to me. He told me “give him your quarters.” I said “ No! It took me forever to find those!” God spoke again, “ To you they are a memento, to this man they could be dinner.”

So I reluctantly told the man to wait and reached into grab my 3 quarters. He thanked me and walked away with a “god bless you.”

That was Thursday. Friday I went on my first ever prison ministry. I didn’t return to work until Monday. I got my check and deposited it. I kept out $100 for the rest of the week. I went to the store and got a bag of chips and a drink. When I got my .82¢ back the 3 quarters were a bicentennial, 1986, and a 1987.

We are to give with full faith that god is in control, we are to give without our left hand knowing. It isn’t our job to know who “deserves” it or not. Do you believe you “deserve” everything that’s given to you??

If Jesus was sitting beside you in the passenger seat.........would you give then?

Guess what, he is everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FLASH_OUTDOORS is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 08:56 AM   #159
Spoiled_TN_boy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land

After my wife left Tennessee with our son and moved to Austin I lived in my car for 6 months to save every penny I could. I worked odd jobs, got a gym membership for $10/month so I could use their showers, ate dollar menu and drank only water. Never once did I ask for handouts. I did knock on doors to solicit handyman jobs, but I was clean looking and smelled nice. I wasn't going to let my situation degrade my self image.

I won't give to the red light or parking lot beggars but if I see some that are not asking and look as if they need a help I will ask them to lunch or dinner. While conversing I make the decision as to whether they actually need help or are just living off a tax free income because they choose to do so. I work hard for my money and I pay too much in taxes to give and afford someone the luxury of netting more than I do just because they have found out how to scam the system.
Attached Images

Last edited by Spoiled_TN_boy; 02-10-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Spoiled_TN_boy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:02 AM   #160
jhuddleston
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brazos County

NOPE! And for some reason they always pick me out of any group to ask
jhuddleston is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:06 AM   #161
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

whelp I gave 4 bucks to a panhandler playing guitar in front of Texaco in sweetwater. My kids were with me, one said dang he plays guitar good hes probable rich. I said yes maybe so..
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:11 AM   #162
Acameron52
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coleman & Loving

Not a chance.
Acameron52 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #163
Mesquite Archer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney / Abilene, KS

I say "Don't feed the bears." When you do they lose their natural instinct to forage and find their own food for survival and become dependent on humans. Once they lose their fear of humans and see them as a food source bad things happen.

It's the same with people. Once they figure out they can go day to day without working and someone will give them just enough to survive to the next day they get in the trap and stay there. You can't help someone with spare change in your pocket, it would be nice if it was that simple. All you really do is enable them to continue a miserable existence. They have to help themselves to get anywhere other than the next corner.
Mesquite Archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #164
texaslongshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mills

nope
texaslongshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:44 AM   #165
Martin
Ten Point

Hunt In: Grayson County and Oklahoma.

A few years back there was a nicely dressed guy that worked the Shell station at 75 and 82 in Sherman.
His story was, car was busted, need money for bus fare to Wichita Falls to attend a funeral. I had seen him there previously so I kinda knew something was up.
He hit me up and I offered to give him a ride, told him I was headed there myself....he just gave me the biggest grin and said he wasn't going right then. Nice guy. LOL
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:49 AM   #166
buzzbait
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado, Lavaca, Blanco, Gillispie and Fayette

I give when I can. If don’t care how they spend it. Maybe it’s just the way I was raised.

buzzbait is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 10:55 AM   #167
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Not normally but there has been an occasion or two. One time on Bourbon Street.......

A guy had a sign that said "Need fuel for personal jet". I literally laughed my butt off and gave him 5$. My wife was questioning my decision naturally. My response was, he made me laugh. It maaaay have had something to do with some cold beverages also. Much like others here, Im very leery about sob stories and such so those almost always get a NO. If they have a sense of humor despite being in the situation they are in, I can appreciate that. I can think of twice in the past 15-20 years I have given money. Offered food plenty of times but no takers.
sierracharlie338 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 11:25 AM   #168
Thayden2
Four Point

Only food and water, never money. When I was in high school I worked at Pappadeux's. Always saw this guy on the corner missing a legging and felt bad for him until I saw him come in one day wearing a high dollar prosthetic leg. He ordered 3 of the biggest lobsters in the tank at $19.95/lb
Thayden2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 12:27 PM   #169
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

For the guys that want to bring religion into this.... Just offer food, water, and/or a job.

After 100 tries and no takers you'll see the issue.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 12:50 PM   #170
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

We are in the middle of a labor crisis… I can’t get someone to sweep the warehouse floor for under 12 bucks an hour. If they wanted a job, they have one.

Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 01:14 PM   #171
pblaetz
Pope & Young

Hunt In: McCoy TX

Recently I had a guy ask me for a dollar. I asked him what do I get in return. An expression of gratitude he said. What about for $5 I asked. He send he'd send me a thank you card. $10 I asked? Said he'd give me a ride around the block in his Ferrari.
pblaetz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #172
Duckologist
Eight Point

Had this chick ask me for a ride at da gas station one day. She was smokin when I was pumpin gas. Said she was freezin. I said ok but no smokin in my truck. I took her a few blocks and dropped her off. She asked for money cause she was hungry. I said you should of bought food instead of cigs.
One day a dude comes up to me with an empty gas can with his out of gas story. I decided to play with this one. I said sure man I got 5 dollars right here but I'm gonna need that gas can off of ya. He looked at me, then looked at his empty gas can then he said, "ok deal" So I got a 5 dolla empty 2 gal gas can.
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #173
Roy
Ten Point

I used to go by my gut instinct. Sometimes I got burned, and other times they were truly genuine in their appreciation. But I don't give anymore- been burned one too many times. Tired of hearing the same old "I ran out of gas...", "I'm starving...", or worse- "I just need money for a bus ride..."

The last straw for me was when I was walking in to Target and this young girl with a little one was begging for change. I didn't offer her money, but offered to buy her and her little one something to eat. She agreed and we go into the Deli section where she started picking up 4 or 5 (pretty expensive) items. In my mind I'm thinking '****, I should have just given her $5 and moved on...' Ok, no biggie- her little one was definitely hungry.

No sooner did she get the food items, when her little one starts asking for a 'toy'. Mom looks at me for affirmation, but apparently did not understand what a "WTH" face looks like... I figured I'm already out $20 for the food, what's a few dollars more? So off we go to the toy section. One thing I totally forgot- kids don't know what the word 'expensive' means. And this little one was no different when she picked out a Barby play set priced at $125. Mom gives me the same look as earlier, hoping I would say OK. Yeah right! NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!!

Now what do you think happens when you tell a child she can't get a toy she just placed her heart on?... EXACTLY! Little **** started screaming bloody Mary as if I just placed a hot poker on her. Mom does nothing to help, kid is flopping on the ground making Linda Blair look like a friggin' saint, and I'm trying to convince people that the kid isn't mine, which only made things worse as I now sounded like a dead-beat dad that wanted nothing to do with his kid... "Want to get away??" You bet!!

After what seemed like an eternity- yes, this is what listening to high-pitched screaming for 3 minutes feels like, the kid finally chilled the (bleep) out when I started dangling another ($10 mind you) toy in front of her. There is a God- want to know how I know? Because little Linda Blair actually smiled and accepted the peace offering!! Twenty dollars in food, 10 dollar toy, and the feeling that I was 'helping' someone in need- priceless.

That was until I saw her DB husband waiting for them outside. BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!!!! This scum-sucking bottom dweller ****-monger grabbed all of the food and proceeded to eat ALL OF IT, with nothing given to his wife or child!!!

Why would Jesus compel me to give, only for this sorry excuse of a person to take it away??? Am I supposed to beat the snot out of this DB??? Well, it's not my place to question the Good Lord... I did confront the guy and told him his wife and kid were starving and that the food was for them. That bastage just smiled and, in broken English, told me 'Thank You'. They were Polish and were trying to get money for a 'bus ride home' and asked if I could spare anything... ARRGH!!! No way did this bastage just try and scam me again!! I sure whish I would have just beaten the snot out him, but didn't want to do that to him in front of his little one.

Since then, I have given ZIP, NADA!! And dont' even get me started with all the darn Gypsies running around...
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 02:41 PM   #174
Dirtymike
Pope & Young

Hunt In: granger, victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
For the guys that want to bring religion into this.... Just offer food, water, and/or a job.

Yep, had landscape company for 12 years. Every corner someone asking for money. I said sure jump in 12 bucks an hour. Never had a single person accept.
Dirtymike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 02:47 PM   #175
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

No. I give to my church.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 02:48 PM   #176
jpshowell
Spike

Never give money. Only pay for something reasonable and it tends to always **** a begger off.
jpshowell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 03:14 PM   #177
BigLig
Four Point

Hunt In: Granger, Halletsville, Cohutta Wilderness Georgia, Laguna Atascosa

I grew up in a city where there was someone on every corner and over time grew rather callused to be honest but that's not the heart of God. Instead, I'll work with the church to serve the homeless. I found that the reason for homelessness is rarely just circumstance, there's usually more to the story namely drugs. So instead of giving directly to them, I'll give through a program dedicated to helping them. If I do give directly to them it's something like a meal, water, snacks, or a coat but not money.
BigLig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 03:16 PM   #178
austin.28
Six Point

Hunt In: Collin Co and Wise Co

Gave to a "vet" once I put that in quotes because who knows if it's true. Also asked a guy what he would use the money for if I gave him some he replied that he had already had his fix for the day and was just trying to get a drink, I ended up giving him a couple of bucks.
austin.28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 03:29 PM   #179
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

There is no “bringing religion into this”.
I TRY my best to live where my personal relationship with Christ is at the forefront of every decision /experience in life.

So I say to you - my (for the sole purpose of using your terminology) religion is always in it. So there’s no BRINGING into it.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-10-2020 at 04:01 PM.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 03:35 PM   #180
Possum Fat
Ten Point

If they have a dog, Ill buy a can of dogfood for it.
Possum Fat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 03:44 PM   #181
Thayden2
Four Point

Sorry, couldn't help it...

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=758082
Thayden2 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 03:55 PM   #182
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
This!!! OP. Instead of going to others and asking opinions, look to the word and see what god says you should do. We were given a handbook. Just turn to Matthew 6 : 2-4 and tell me what you think.

I have a story/testimony to go along with this.

I have always collected quarters. Weird I know. Bicentennial and 1986 was my thing. When I married my wife, I added 1987 to the mix. I always keep a bicentennial, a 1987 and a 1986 in my center console. I play drums, and mine and my wife’s birth year.

One day I stopped off at a gas station near George R. Brown convention center. If you’ve never been there, you can’t really picture it. 100’s of tents setup under the bridge. The city allows it. They actually have a trash service that goes thru there. Anyway, I get out to fuel up and I was approached by a homeless man. My first reaction as “ohh man I knew I shouldn’t have stopped here”. He asked if he could borrow a dollar. I instantly told him, “nah man, I don’t carry cash.” The he said, “ I will take pennies or anything.”

Then god spoke to me. He told me “give him your quarters.” I said “ No! It took me forever to find those!” God spoke again, “ To you they are a memento, to this man they could be dinner.”

So I reluctantly told the man to wait and reached into grab my 3 quarters. He thanked me and walked away with a “god bless you.”

That was Thursday. Friday I went on my first ever prison ministry. I didn’t return to work until Monday. I got my check and deposited it. I kept out $100 for the rest of the week. I went to the store and got a bag of chips and a drink. When I got my .82¢ back the 3 quarters were a bicentennial, 1986, and a 1987.

We are to give with full faith that god is in control, we are to give without our left hand knowing. It isn’t our job to know who “deserves” it or not. Do you believe you “deserve” everything that’s given to you??

If Jesus was sitting beside you in the passenger seat.........would you give then?

Guess what, he is everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Matthew 25:40
The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Thank you for that testimony. Its hard to remember those things sometimes.
Hoggslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 03:58 PM   #183
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayden2 View Post
LOL.. Ain't that something!!
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #184
progolferv1
Ten Point

nope
progolferv1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #185
Calitexembalmer
Six Point

I gave a Tweeker 5 bucks one time. He said that's it?!! Yeah that 5 bucks went from his hand back into my pocket. We as people are not in control of any out come, but we are 100% in control of the effort that is made to better our lives.
Calitexembalmer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 04:10 PM   #186
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

I see many of you on here who have done very well for yourself. Was that you? Are you solely responsible for your success in life? I’m just curious?

Answer this question honestly to yourself and I think it’ll tell you a lot.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 02-10-2020 at 04:13 PM.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #187
512robby
Six Point

I work in Downtown Houston.

Just got on a Metro bus. As I was getting on the bus a homeless guy was wandering in the street disoriented.

He is deaf and cant hear traffic.

He was hungry

I gave him my last best killer flank steak taco

Made three for today. Ate two at lunch.

I slipped him $2 and told him to be more careful in traffic

WWJD.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
512robby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 04:48 PM   #188
cantexduck
Pope & Young

Hunt In: all over central Texas

I do quite often. If they don’t really
Need it , shame on them. I would rather give 1000 dollars to people who don’t need it , as long has ten bucks went to someone in need.
cantexduck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 04:50 PM   #189
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

I will if I have some money on me . I go to work everyday because it’s what I want to do . Even if I got rich somehow I would still work doing something . I’ve driven around different areas and people are sleeping under bridges , standing on the streets with children in the rain , sleeping on the sidewalk in freezing weather. I really can’t see how anyone would choose that lifestyle over working but if they do, they are tougher than me .
Hydestik is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 05:00 PM   #190
Jspradley
Ten Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

I saw a dude in Seattle carrying a sign "I need money so I can get drunk and f**K some b****es tonight"

I gave him $20 for being honest.
Jspradley is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 05:11 PM   #191
coker737
Ten Point

Hunt In: My KB Ranch. Rocksprings, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Nope.
^^^^^^^^
coker737 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 05:16 PM   #192
CaptainDave
Ten Point

I don't give money to anyone on street corners after living in Houston proper for multiple years. Generally, it's the same people at the same intersections on a day in and day out basis. Many have addiction problems and simply don't want real help, just money to fuel their addictions.

I've heard most scams as well a few of which already have been mentioned. The two most over used probably are the - 1) person at gas station wanting a few dollars for gas to get home (just offer them to pull up and fill their tank; they will walk away); 2) person at grocery store parking lot wanting a few dollars to buy milk for their kids (offer to take them inside and buy milk or whatever; they will walk away).

If you want to help these people, donate to your local food pantries, shelters and churches. Heck, volunteer your time as well. Our church has organized and gone out to feed homeless in certain areas before. You can really tell who is hungry and is looking for the basic necessities when doing that.

At work, we also build boxes that can be handed out to anyone. We include - bottle of water; pack of crackers, can Vienna sausage, piece of bubble gum, shower cap and a bible verse. I've handed many of these out before. Some folks know what they are and outright refuse them; others are very grateful.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #193
kumathebear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke County and Beyond

I have twice and "gut" feeling told me they were legit and needed help. All other times, no.
kumathebear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 06:47 PM   #194
asu-indian
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas, Kansas

No and no.
asu-indian is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 08:34 PM   #195
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I used to go by my gut instinct. Sometimes I got burned, and other times they were truly genuine in their appreciation. But I don't give anymore- been burned one too many times. Tired of hearing the same old "I ran out of gas...", "I'm starving...", or worse- "I just need money for a bus ride..."

The last straw for me was when I was walking in to Target and this young girl with a little one was begging for change. I didn't offer her money, but offered to buy her and her little one something to eat. She agreed and we go into the Deli section where she started picking up 4 or 5 (pretty expensive) items. In my mind I'm thinking '****, I should have just given her $5 and moved on...' Ok, no biggie- her little one was definitely hungry.

No sooner did she get the food items, when her little one starts asking for a 'toy'. Mom looks at me for affirmation, but apparently did not understand what a "WTH" face looks like... I figured I'm already out $20 for the food, what's a few dollars more? So off we go to the toy section. One thing I totally forgot- kids don't know what the word 'expensive' means. And this little one was no different when she picked out a Barby play set priced at $125. Mom gives me the same look as earlier, hoping I would say OK. Yeah right! NO FRIGGIN' WAY!!!

Now what do you think happens when you tell a child she can't get a toy she just placed her heart on?... EXACTLY! Little **** started screaming bloody Mary as if I just placed a hot poker on her. Mom does nothing to help, kid is flopping on the ground making Linda Blair look like a friggin' saint, and I'm trying to convince people that the kid isn't mine, which only made things worse as I now sounded like a dead-beat dad that wanted nothing to do with his kid... "Want to get away??" You bet!!

After what seemed like an eternity- yes, this is what listening to high-pitched screaming for 3 minutes feels like, the kid finally chilled the (bleep) out when I started dangling another ($10 mind you) toy in front of her. There is a God- want to know how I know? Because little Linda Blair actually smiled and accepted the peace offering!! Twenty dollars in food, 10 dollar toy, and the feeling that I was 'helping' someone in need- priceless.

That was until I saw her DB husband waiting for them outside. BLEEP BLEEP BLEEEEEEEEEEPPPPP!!!!! This scum-sucking bottom dweller ****-monger grabbed all of the food and proceeded to eat ALL OF IT, with nothing given to his wife or child!!!

Why would Jesus compel me to give, only for this sorry excuse of a person to take it away??? Am I supposed to beat the snot out of this DB??? Well, it's not my place to question the Good Lord... I did confront the guy and told him his wife and kid were starving and that the food was for them. That bastage just smiled and, in broken English, told me 'Thank You'. They were Polish and were trying to get money for a 'bus ride home' and asked if I could spare anything... ARRGH!!! No way did this bastage just try and scam me again!! I sure whish I would have just beaten the snot out him, but didn't want to do that to him in front of his little one.

Since then, I have given ZIP, NADA!! And dont' even get me started with all the darn Gypsies running around...
This may sound bad but it's my opinion. In cases like you were stuck in it's not Jesus telling you to give...It's all the BS we are all told growing up that makes you feel guilty when you shouldn't.. Why do you think people are so scared of being called judgmental or racist etc? It's like the world has evolved around Christianity in order to suck the life out of Christians.

Offer work or a job. If people don't want to work they can starve and it's zero your issue/problem. God never tells us to give money to someone not willing to work.

A little off topic but anyone ever notice how honest people get screwed more and more by everyone? Like what happens when a hard working man doesn't pay taxes versus the POS who doesn't pay taxes? What about speeding tickets... What happens when you don't pay versus the guy with 5 arrest warrants already out on him? How do those crap people get free health care, not pay taxes and then get to use a law firm to eliminate what they owe(or reduce it), not buy school supplies and on and on and on..while the honest man pays more and more every year? You get in a wreck with no car insurance and see what happens..Then wait until someone with no insurance hits you and I bet it's not the same outcome for them..

Rant over
Old 02-10-2020, 08:40 PM   #196
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
There is no “bringing religion into this”.
I TRY my best to live where my personal relationship with Christ is at the forefront of every decision /experience in life.

So I say to you - my (for the sole purpose of using your terminology) religion is always in it. So there’s no BRINGING into it.
You can offer a job... There simply has to be a limit. Do you give to every single beggar? If you do what happens if everyone on TBH asked you for $20? You have a line somewhere...

I'm not saying to never help people but it's not good stewardship of your money (that God gave you) to give it away at random.

Quote:
I see many of you on here who have done very well for yourself. Was that you? Are you solely responsible for your success in life? I’m just curious?

Answer this question honestly to yourself and I think it’ll tell you a lot.
Other than God leading my life up to where I'm at..Yes, it was just me.
Old 02-10-2020, 09:03 PM   #197
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

Nope and nope, so far, but with health care the way it is, I may end up homeless someday.
critter69 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 09:09 PM   #198
DEREKG22
Four Point

I cant bring myself to do it anymore...I used to, then a couple times i couldnt and had some talk **** to me for it....i came to the realization most of them just dont want to work
DEREKG22 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 10:33 PM   #199
Tbuddyandroby
Ten Point

Hunt In: Votaw

I have only bought/offered food for the homeless. If anyone asks me for something to eat, I will feed them. No questions asked, no matter the situation, addiction, past, etc. I can not and will not turn anyone down that is truly hungry.
Tbuddyandroby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-10-2020, 11:28 PM   #200
cj_sandman
Eight Point

Negative, ghost rider.
cj_sandman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top