Vanguard Target Retirement IRA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
    I would assume you are in this fund for the long haul? If you are already worried about these small bumps in the road about tariff rumbling I feel for you. I agree with you that Trumps statements are ridiculous at times and uncalled for other than take action. Politics at its best. I used to sweat the small things but in the big picture?
    Yea, this fund would be for the long haul.. set it and forget it.. dont even look at the statements..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check out The Independent Guide for Vanguard Investors. I've done very well using one of bis model portfolios.

Comment

Are you maxing out your 403 B? It should have higher contribution limits.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
          Are you maxing out your 403 B? It should have higher contribution limits.
          As of now, no. I'm pushing the 30% of my check going towards retirement as it is. I want to put as much as I can towards it, but I still have bills to pay and expensive deer to kill.. haha

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            As of now, no. I'm pushing the 30% of my check going towards retirement as it is. I want to put as much as I can towards it, but I still have bills to pay and expensive deer to kill.. haha

I'm assuming you opened a Roth IRA? Roth IRAs are great choices, but don't forget that your Deferred Comp. (403b) contributions through your employer are tax deferred. They also help lower your taxable income every year. Either way, congrats on looking forward to retirement, not nearly enough people do.

Comment

Check out VTSAX if you want something more aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                Looked at that.. interesting account. Going to dig a bit deeper on this

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
                  Looked at that.. interesting account. Going to dig a bit deeper on this

Lots of information online. Not the best option but has a good history and while more volatile, should yield better growth.

Comment

Lots of information online. Not the best option but has a good history and while more volatile, should yield better growth.
                    With as long as I have to go until retirement and also money going into some other accounts, I can muster going a touch more aggressive, if it shows promise and solid history. I'm pretty conservative though..

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      Check out The Independent Guide for Vanguard Investors. I've done very well using one of bis model portfolios.

Have a link Froggy?

I see the independent adviser for Vanguard Investors. Is that the same thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The largest holding of the Vangaurd 2050 fund he’s asking about is VTSAX so he’s getting exposure to this already while also adding international equities and bonds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X