Draw Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
    12/5-12/8 the third hunt. I think there is 6 periods total.
    Ya there is, I just checked the hunt brochure for laguna Atascosa 2019-2020... they mention nothing about game cameras in that one. I know for a fact last year it’s said that cameras were not allowed for scouting purposes.

Comment

Anyone got advice for Colorado Bend

Comment

As usual pending 2nd draw on everything drawn today.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
          Let go of Big Lake and Keechi Creek. Those 2 are about an hour way for me and a couple of the hunts start on my days off!!!
          Maybe I can slip in as a stand-by!
          Those are the 2 I would pick but IDK anything about the other 2

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
            I’m sure there will be more details in the hunt brochure they send with your receipt. Also, I wonder how they would feel about the use of a thermal spotting scope.

Which hunt were you drawn for?
            I saw some guys using one of those once at Gus Engeling, it was weird they didn't show up until the evening of the 4th day of a 5 day hunt. If I hadn't been in a bordering compartment I wonder if they wouldn't have tried some funny business that last night/morning of that hunt, everyone else had already left.

Comment

Pending second draw. I only started hinting in TX a few years ago. With 2 points, I think this process may be pointless for me. <shrug>. It’s not like I don’t get to bowhunt anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerHunter View Post
                Anyone got advice for Colorado Bend
                Ask for the compartment left of the campground. Then, work your way up the trail along the river past the primitive campsites and find a spot to set up and/or a spot just behind the dump on top of the hill. You can thank me later!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                  I saw some guys using one of those once at Gus Engeling, it was weird they didn't show up until the evening of the 4th day of a 5 day hunt. If I hadn't been in a bordering compartment I wonder if they wouldn't have tried some funny business that last night/morning of that hunt, everyone else had already left.
                  Do you say this just because they had a thermal? Or do you say this because they were sketchy in general?

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter73 View Post
                    Do you say this just because they had a thermal? Or do you say this because they were sketchy in general?
                    I put eyes on them before the put eyes on me, they were glassing my compartment which they shouldn't have been in the first place. Once they saw me on the treeline their body language changed significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                      Amazingly, I won 4 archery hunts. Big Lake Bottom, Keechi Creek, Laguna Atascosa, and Trinity River NWR Hirsch unit. No way that I'll be going on all 4 hunts so I'll probably let 1 or 2 go to second draw. I haven't decided which ones to accept.

Congrats. Accept the NWR Hersch and Laguna Atascosa units since I didn't apply for those. I don't mind if you let the others go, really.

Comment

Thanks Sqiggy.. I called today to see if i could get a map, and they told me I would get one the first day of the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post
                          Pending second draw. I only started hinting in TX a few years ago. With 2 points, I think this process may be pointless for me. <shrug>. It’s not like I don’t get to bowhunt anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Actually the preference points don't seem to really help all that much. I have been drawn with 1 point before. Everyone really has pretty similar odds at the end of the day.

Comment

Struck out on the Private Land GDE hunts yesterday. On to the 15th draws.

Comment

Amazingly, I won 4 archery hunts. Big Lake Bottom, Keechi Creek, Laguna Atascosa, and Trinity River NWR Hirsch unit. No way that I'll be going on all 4 hunts so I'll probably let 1 or 2 go to second draw. I haven't decided which ones to accept.
                              I was selected for BBL & Daughtrey and scored 2nd drawing Keechi. Keechi and Daughtrey were at the same time. Gave up Keechi. Word of warning Big Bottom lake is on the Trinity River. Last year 4or5 of the six hunts were canceled due to flooding. Scouted on foot two weeks prior to the 1st hunt. So dry I could have gone anywhere in a two WD Truck. 1st hunt weekend ATV was the rule. Place floods fast.

Comment

Last year was selected for BBL & Daughtrey and scored 2nd drawing Keechi. Keechi and Daughtrey were at the same time. Gave up Keechi. Word of warning Big Bottom lake is on the Trinity River. Last year 4or5 of the six hunts were canceled due to flooding. Scouted on foot two weeks prior to the 1st hunt. So dry I could have gone anywhere in a two WD Truck. 1st hunt weekend ATV was the rule. Place floods fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X