No announcement yet.

Doc’s got a second date! Brown Bear Round #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for a seat at the Moose’s Tooth. Crowded and long wait just like I remember. But, the beer is good and the pizza is fantastic. What else am I gonna do? Pretty good good snow coming down right now. My Uber driver said it was in the 60’s last week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you have more travel issues than anyone I've ever heard of. Must be the iffy destinations. Patience must come with the territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
        I think you have more travel issues than anyone I've ever heard of. Must be the iffy destinations. Patience must come with the territory.

Definitely goes with remote destinations that require airplanes! And, I always find issues it seems. I think it happens to everyone who does hunts like this just not a lot of folks do these type hunts. If you can fly the big jets in to a major hub and drive it’s usually no problem. When it’s prop planes on to an island with one or two scheduled flights a day followed by any sort of chartered flight in to a camp it gets sporty. Weather always a factor and if you go early in the year(spring) or late(winter) the weather systems can big a real *****!

Comment

Bear Tooth Ale and some pizza should cure the travel woes. Ordered half meatball Parmesan and half bbq chicken!

Comment

I got a salad as well for you healthier types!

Comment

Ok, I’ll take a travel delay!

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                Definitely goes with remote destinations that require airplanes! And, I always find issues it seems. I think it happens to everyone who does hunts like this just not a lot of folks do these type hunts. If you can fly the big jets in to a major hub and drive it’s usually no problem. When it’s prop planes on to an island with one or two scheduled flights a day followed by any sort of chartered flight in to a camp it gets sporty. Weather always a factor and if you go early in the year(spring) or late(winter) the weather systems can big a real *****!

Is it generally Cessna Caravans or Dual Prop planes that they use for the final flights?

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                  Is it generally Cessna Caravans or Dual Prop planes that they use for the final flights?

It’s a variety pack. I have been on a bunch of them. Beavers, otters, super cubs, caravans, various Cessna’s, etc. Up here in Alaska the workhorses are beavers and otters. The real remote stuff and planes owned by the outfitters will be super cubs.

Comment

I have been delayed because of beaver problems in my life but I have never gotten an email headed quite like this!!!!!

Comment

Good luck Doc. Tuned in. The travel issues usually mean good hunting, IF you can make it to your destination. God willing the Bear Gods smile upon your trip!!

Comment

It’s a variety pack. I have been on a bunch of them. Beavers, otters, super cubs, caravans, various Cessna’s, etc. Up here in Alaska the workhorses are beavers and otters. The real remote stuff and planes owned by the outfitters will be super cubs.

Cool. Thanks for the info and good luck

Comment

Ok, I’ll take a travel delay!

I see why that place is packed.

Comment

Good luck tomorrow Doc. Take some scenery pics for us. Following

Comment

I have been delayed because of beaver problems in my life but I have never gotten an email headed quite like this!!!!!

This is gold.

Hey Ladies of Andrews Airways let's talk about that noon beaver

Man talk about an all inclusive hunt

Comment

Your indian name must be "Ten Beers". LOL Looks like an interesting pizza!
                                Can't wait for some scenery pics! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X