Deer jerky?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer jerky?'s

Anybody ever use the stuff academy sells? Or do you make your own marinade? And if so what's your recipie?

I let Hudson's handle mine

Comment

Originally posted by Kingslayer View Post
      I let Hudson's handle mine
      I use the Hi Mountain Cajun seasoning as a base and add to it, I'll use soy, worstishire, and Italian dressing for the marinade and let marinade 3-4 days and turns out great. The other seasons I add are usually cavendars and if you want it hot add red pepper flakes and dust with cayenne.

Comment

I'll go to HEB Grocery and I purchase the "Allegro's" marinade. I will marinade the sliced meat in the Allegro's with brown sugar and a little of the pink stuff (cure.) After marinating about 2 days, take I out and "paper towel" the pieces and put coarse pepper and crushed red pepper. Put into a dehydrator or smoke it yourself. A one gallon freezer zip loc bag full of meat will take one bottle of Allegro's, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of pink cure. Place into your refrigerator and marinade for 2 days flipping the bag once.

Comment

I also use Allegro from HEB. Marinate 24 hours in various flavors and then dehydrate. It doesn't last long.

Comment

search for Smarts thread with the recipe.....cant beat it.

Comment

Ragin Blaze.... Nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                This. Easiest and best way. Only trick is to hide it when it's done or it will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Ragin Blaze.... Nuff said
                  I need to look I might have a pack!

Comment

Originally posted by sjaaaz View Post
                    X2

Comment

I use the hi mountain flavors and have used the jerky cannon and whole meat they are great. Original, hickory, hunters blend are my favorites the only thing I add is red or black pepper depending on what I am looking for

Sent from my K88 using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the high mountain Garlic and cracked pepper the best. Then Cajun next, none of it is bad just my preference

Comment

Hi mtn. Whole muscle method. ^^ garlic black pepper. And don't cook it until it's shoe leather.

Comment

Forgot to add cold smoking and letting it hang till it's ready is the way to go

Comment

Working...
                            X