Minimalist Carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimalist Carry

Any of you guys out there just carry your bow, binos and maybe a rangefinder when you go out? I've been trying to clean out my pack but just cant seem to get rid of anything, how do some people go out with nothing but their bow and not need anything else? Let me know if you are one of these so I can see what i might need to lose from my pack.

You go into the field unprepaired
    You'll pay for it, eventually....

Comment

In Texas....I have a havalon in my pocket and my ID/license in my bino pack along with my binos and rangefinder. Arrows are in a catquiver slung over my shoulder and my bow in my hand. I don't really need much anything else, but this is all spot and stalk hunting. I do the same for stand hunting, on the rare occasion I do hunt stationary. If I kill something, I dress it and carry it out over my shoulders.

Here in Nevada...no way! Its mostly first aid stuff, food, water, and my camp I need to carry. I like to be able to plot down and go to sleep wherever I am.

Comment

Most of the time it's pocket knife, flashlight,few wraps of toilet paper in pocket and a can of snuff the rest stays on 4wheeler. Then I have a backpack that I grab on a track that consist of more toilet paper battery's for flashlights extra flashlights knives and knife sharpener , leather gloves and rope oh and a little saw.

Comment

I typically just take my bow, knife, water bottle, and light if it's in the afternoon. I range my shots when I hang my stand or climb the tree before season to trim (plus, I don't shoot very far). I always looked at ranging one right before the shot as another opportunity to get busted when hunting a lock on or climber.

And grunt tube... Forgot that.
          Last edited by Razrbk89; 09-13-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Depends on the hunt for me. Texas I carry less and less each year. Ohio I carry it all but I sit all day up north.

Texas
            Bow or gun
            Water
            Grunt tube
            Cell
            Thermo cell
            Pocket knife

Ohio
            Backpack:
            Snacks
            Thermos
            Sandwiches
            Hand warmers
            Cough drops
            Rattling horns
            Grunt tube
            Doe call
            Water
            Cell
            Lighter
            Extra jacket
            Extra socks
            Baseball cap
            Fleece head cover
            Walk talkie
            Yea I take it all
            Last edited by krtnorris; 09-13-2016, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Bow, ThermaCell and a bottle of water is usually all I carry.

Comment

That's me! I hate carrying a backpack full of junk. I have a hand muff that has a couple pockets on it, and I can carry everything I need in it, as long as it is not a hunt like an elk hunt in the mtns or something.

Bisch

Comment

Bow, rangefinder, small cooler of beers, Copenhagen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bow,arrows and a drink . But then again in a 200 yard walk from my house

Comment

Bow hunting all I carry is my bow and arrows, binos on my chest and pocket knife. Rifle hunting in a blind I may carry a bit more.

Comment

Bow, 3 arrows, knife, side arm, small flashlight, few wraps of toilet paper in pocket....that's it.

Comment

The house is only 75 yards away. I use to only carry one arrow, but then I spine shot a deer.

At the lease I leave it all in the truck.

Comment

Fanny pack with extra release, binos, rangefinder, cough drops, slingshot ammo (I hate cows!), knife, flashlight, and TP. Thermacell if needed. But, I hunt a small place and my truck isn't far away from the stands. And, bow and arrows.

Comment

For deer I carry everything I need to be warm, quiet and comfortable.
                              Plus tools for finding and dressing a deer

I carry a backpack loaded all season.
                              I don't have to worry if I got it or my pockets bulging.

Minimalist for pigs.

Comment

Working...
                              X