Finally!!! I got my new Bow!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!!! I got my new Bow!!!

After about 10 years of waiting and always having something come up, I finally got a new bow! I've borrowed and been without for a long time and have missed out on a lot of hunting due to not having a functioning bow! Big shout out to the manager Glenn at West Houston Archery for helping me yesterday with the entire setup and install. These guys are great and extremely helpful!
    Mathews no cam htx 70 lbs 27.5 draw. Shooting Easton axis 340 spine arrows with lighted knocks 3 inch Blazers, accel 3 pin slider, axion 5 inch stab, tru ball hook release. 280 fps through chrono. She's not the fastest but she's butter smooth and whisper quiet and my jacked up shoulder can shoot more than 3 shots a day!

For the record, it was a pure toss up between this and the Halon! They sold 4 Halons while I was in the shop yesterday. It's a super sweet bow to say the least. But I still am cautious about dual cams with timing ect. If I were to buy a second bow this would probably be the one!

Now just need some solid fixed blades and hope they fly with the field points! I've heard a bow should be broad head tuned and I've heard you should sight in with broad heads and don't worry where field points hit. Kinda new to the tuning aspect of bows so any opinions?
    Attached Files

Right on! good luck getting blood on it this year!

Comment

Congrats on the new bow!

Comment

Buy yourself some slick trick broadheads. Sight in your bow with field tips then shoot a slick trick broadhead on a couple of your arrows and see if they fly the same at 20 yards. That's what I would do.

Comment

IMO some of us get too **** about BH tuning, field point impacts, etc, much generated by the chase for faster and faster arrows. You are on the right track with slightly larger vanes--to steer fixed-heads, and if you have to go with 3.5 or 4" vanes to get steerage and arrow flight, so what if you lose 10 fps?

Comment

Originally posted by Fashinghunts View Post
            Buy yourself some slick trick broadheads. Sight in your bow with field tips then shoot a slick trick broadhead on a couple of your arrows and see if they fly the same at 20 yards. That's what I would do.
            ^^This worked for me long ago as well...

Comment

Congrats on the new setup, the HTR is one of the easiest bows to tune that I've owned to date. I paper tuned for the initial setup, walk-backed to fine tune and then grouped bareshafts with fletched at 20 to verify everything was correct. I'm shooting 175 grain VPA three blade heads steered by 3 fletch Flex Fletch 360 vanes and they fly true out to 70 yards. You've got a very forgiving bow, best of luck getting her all dialed in!

Comment

Gotta love a Blessed event !!

Bring it out to Banana Bend this Sunday and see how she smokes those 3D deer

Comment

you'll love the bow, great set up!

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats on the new bow

Comment

Congrats. I'll get a new one some day and can't wait. Used upgrades are too affordable for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice bow, congrats.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

That looks like an awesome setup - way to go!

Comment

Working...
                              X