Dang it! No bow during BP season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Well dang... what other weapons are allowed in "muzzle loader only" season?

That would be a’77 Ford cargo van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Archery during bp season would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        It would be nice if the TPWD would change it to Primitive Weapons or include Archery in BP season.
        I used to feel the same way and posted a thread here expressing that. One of our GS buddies got me back on track and pointed in the right direction with the comment "Make it a primitive weapons season and that will open the door for using ML during bow season."

That set me straight in an instant, and I still feel the same way. Went out and checked zero on the CVA Mountain Rifle I built some 30+ years ago. Next week I'll be out and about.

Comment

Ill pipe back in and says muzzleloader is exclusively fair...as long as there is an itemized tax for the exclusive season.

I OPed a similar thread and I kicked this can down the road...last year.

Is there an itemized/special tax for muzzleloaders? To me...a pivotal point.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            I’ve always wondered why Texas’ deer zones weren’t more geographically specific. It’s a huge state to simply split north and south! A county 200 miles from another in a whole different type of habitat seems like it should be managed differently. But hey, maybe it ain’t broke. TX deer hunting is good in most areas.
            Thoroughly read the TPWD manual by county and by E/W delineation and especially particular to the Chisholm Trail...aka I35.

Some folk say the adjacent county variations in TPWD regulation...aka management... is too much. I dont.

I think TPWD is doing a darn good job...Biologists, Wardens, Admin,...the whole lot. The whole ordeal is a moving live target...literally and figuritively.
            Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-03-2020, 12:12 AM. Reason: RegulationSpake

Comment

Muzzleloader season is only does and spikes anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                Does and spikes are made of meat though right?

Comment

There's a real easy way for bow hunters to be able to hunt during BP season.

Spend $200 on a muzzle loader and have at it...

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                    Primitive?

Compounds and Inlines primitive?

Smiley

As a trad shooter, compounds and crossbows, seem somewhat less primitive, but, really, most of us recurve and longbow guys aren't shooting "primitive" either. It would get closer to that qualification if limited to all-natural material bows and arrows, with hand-knapped heads.

PS: Briar Friar does make a valid point about Muzzleloader guys not paying for an endorsement stamp.

PPS: It is also a little bit of a sore point that only hunters have to pay the $48 Public Lands access fee.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post

PPS: It is also a little bit of a sore point that only hunters have to pay the $48 Public Lands access fee.
                      I don't blame you. Here in Louisiana, everyone has to pay to use the WMA's. Fishers, birders, berry pickers, horse back riders, everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        Nope

Comment

An archery endorsement is what, $7 to hunt a whole month? On top of that, you can hunt all general season. I guess we need to charge $3.50 to the folks who are stuck with muzzleloader season instead of late doe/spike season so it'll be "fair." Or just make general season October through January, no special endorsements, so we can all be "fair" and no one will complain

Comment

If archery was allowed during black powder season, I would never had bought a muzzleloader and would of missed out on some fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              And that's fine. I've just seen so many people griping about this no-bows-during-muzzleloader-season law on here and on FB and I'm tired of it.

If someone's upset because Texas doesn't do things like, say. Lousiana does things, go hunt in Louisiana. I follow some Louisiana and Mississippi hunting forums and seeing what they're killing- on public land no less- kinda makes me wonder why anyone would hunt here in the first place. LOL
                              You can even hunt with single shot 45/70 during primitive in Louisiana, doesn't have to be a muzzle loader lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X