Never been a Glock fan but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    I don't like Glocks but that one is awful pretty. If they would just change that grip angle.
    I struggled for 6 months with the grip angle. Sure ain't no slab sided 1911! I have to shoot sights past ten yards but it go bang....every time. I have one that has thousands of rounds through it.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
      Meltingfeather its an apex trigger/springs

So I wasn’t a fan because I’m a girl and when I went into law enforcement Glock didn’t offer interchangeable back straps so it’s always been way too big for my hands. When I started I got the XDM because they fit my hand, had high capacity magazines and were SUPER easy to break down. I’ve had nothing but great experiences with my XDM and still love it I just wanted to step into the RMR type sights and like Bobby said, I’ve been working a ton so I had the extra cash. I agree too that they’re ugly lol. Hence why mine is all dolled up [emoji1303][emoji6]
      Fair enough. I’m also a big fan of the XDM as well.
      Glocks are indeed ugly and it took me years to warm up to them but their reliability finally won me over. In fact, I actually find them a tad bit sexy now....because they just flat out work And yes...you dang sure “dolled it up” It looks nice though and I’d carry it myself that’s for sure. That stipple work does look a little aggressive but heck I add Talon grips to all my carries anyway so I’d feel right at home with that. It may make it a little rough at the range but I bet you’d never notice it in a fire fight.

Again, congrats on a great looking rig. Love the mods and the RMR.

Comment

1911 are all I owned ( other then revolvers) could not stand glock. Then we were shooting one day and the 1911s would FTf or fail to eject. And my buddies glock just ate what ammo we fed it, with out so much as a hiccup. That is were I changed my mind, sold all the 1911s and bought a few glocks and a few more revolvers.

Comment

You're going to love the RMR on a pistol. Get some training in its use - there are situations where it can seem a hindrance (in the rain, if it gets covered in mud), but there are ways to work through them. Jon Payne (OCSD ret.) over in Orange Co. runs a course on this from time to time or would probably do it privately for an individual or a small group of officers. Not a fan of windows in the slide for a pistol that could be used in a fighting capacity rather than gun games ... they look cool, but the potential is there to get junk inside the works and cause a stoppage.

Mine - Glock 17 with cut down grip and Sig P320 Compact.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by RevMS; 09-04-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by RevMS View Post
              You're going to love the RMR on a pistol. Get some training in its use - there are situations where it can seem a hindrance (in the rain, if it gets covered in mud), but there are ways to work through them. Jon Payne (OCSD ret.) over in Orange Co. runs a course on this from time to time or would probably do it privately for an individual or a small group of officers. Not a fan of windows in the slide for a pistol that could be used in a fighting capacity rather than gun games ... they look cool, but the potential is there to get junk inside the works and cause a stoppage.

I appreciate the advice. I’m a point shooter so I don’t actually need sights at all. I use my sights as a backup option but when I started in law enforcement I was trained by an old western shooter and was taught using muscle memory. The RMR as well as the sights are all just used to get me back on target should I come off a little. For the last 8 years I didn’t even use night sights. I may/may not keep it but it’s been fun so far. I agree about the windows and time will tell if they’re going to be an issue. I had them cut out to reduce weight (not for aesthetics) since I’m running the light. Just helps me with balance. May not seem like a lot of weight taken off but it’s a notable difference for me. My instructors will tell you if my sights become an issue I’ll sheer them off and shoot with nothing (because I have) to get back into battle. Nothing I could do about the barrel or spring getting messed up but beat you to death if you made it to me before I cleared any malfunctions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm thinking about an RMR. My eye glass prescription now requires that I have longer arms!

Comment

That stippling...

I just went from six to midnight.

Comment

"Officer cuts" Did they run out of the Navy seal frames or a green beret slide? FBI stipple available?

Comment

Nice looking to do the same for my 20. What did it cost for the slide cut and new sights.

Comment

Originally posted by bermise View Post
                        "Officer cuts" Did they run out of the Navy seal frames or a green beret slide? FBI stipple available?

“Officer cut” was just the name of the milling. Has nothing to do with being or not being an officer. Just what the guy named that specific design. If it was called “Girl Scout Cut” I’d have listed that instead. But You can call and check if there’s something “special” just for you if you like. [emoji1303]

Jonathan at Triple J Firearms in Magnolia Tx.

Comment

Never been a Glock fan but...

Originally posted by kaizen View Post
                          I'm thinking about an RMR. My eye glass prescription now requires that I have longer arms!

I have the same problem. If I wear my cheaters I can see the sights but the target is fuzzy. If I don’t wear my cheaters I can’t see the sights. Ironically none of this is an issue with a red dot type sight.

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                            “Officer cut” was just the name of the milling. Has nothing to do with being or not being an officer. Just what the guy named that specific design. If it was called “Girl Scout Cut” I’d have listed that instead. But You can call and check if there’s something “special” just for you if you like. [emoji1303]

Jonathan at Triple J Firearms in Magnolia Tx.

I’ve seen them called standard cut (lose the rear sight) and tactical cut (moved slightly forward to retain the rear sight).

Comment

looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                I’ve seen them called standard cut (lose the rear sight) and tactical cut (moved slightly forward to retain the rear sight).

Yeah the site Jonathan sent me to had like 3 pages of different cuts, more pages of stippling and all sorts of cerakote options. I just found the choices I wanted and told him. Sent him some photos of others I’d seen and he made it happen. The most important thing for me was I’ve been searching for a new platform for a duty weapon and though I’ve always disliked glocks, somehow I settled on the 17 and after having this work done and shooting the crap out of it........I wake up wanting to go shooting again. I haven’t felt that way about a pistol in many years lol. Time will tell if the RMR is a good addition for patrol but working nights, I hope it is cause I ain’t no spring chicken either lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X