Processors near hosuton (sausage)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Processors near hosuton (sausage)

I do all my own processing except for making sausage which I take somewhere about every 2 years to have a large batch done to last awhile. Well its that time again and the lace I have gone 2 the past 2 times has been average on the sausage. Was thinking about taking the drive to Bellville Meat Market and having them do it but wanted to see if anyone knows a place closer to Houston that just does a bang up job and puts out top quality sausage. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Chet

Can you tell me what processing you do yourself? I’d like to save some $ this year, if possible.

Comment

No one compares to Belville.

Comment

We have B&W Meat Market in N Shepard do pan sausage. I butcher everything else myself. Used to use Fischer but they are too expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bayouboy View Post
          no one compares to belville.
          solid

Comment

Arnolds in Hempstead, or Bellville Meat Market

Comment

Bellville is overrated. You're in Sugarland, take a ride down 59 and drop them off at Praseks.

Comment

Belville did a batch recently for us and I wasn't all that impressed. The flavor was good but the collagen casing they used were real tough. We used Cernoch's in Rosenberg a lot before we started doing it ourselves. Not sure if they're still around.
                Last edited by jdg13; 12-03-2018, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rickgarcia76 View Post
                  Can you tell me what processing you do yourself? I’d like to save some $ this year, if possible.

Do some searching. There are some great threads on this topic.

Op, Bellville does a bangup job. Not the cheapest around, but quality is there.

Comment

B&W on Shepard or Smitty’s in Tomball are tough to beat. If those 2 aren’t good enough then drive to Dallas to Kuby’s!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                      Bellville is overrated. You're in Sugarland, take a ride down 59 and drop them off at Praseks.
                      Praseks is excellent too, but I'll also disagree with you that Bellville is "overrated".

I only use these 2 and order separate items from each that I consider special to their talents. Each will also process according to my specific requests as well as some of their recipes that are not on their posted menus.

Comment

I googled Hosuton but couldn’t find it on the map!

Comment

Sausage

Zummo’s. Drop off at old Mims Meats at I-10 and Federal. Best sausage I’ve had, Green Onion and Jalapeño and cheese yum. They also make boudin and jalapeño boudin that is very good. Just don’t debone, they charge you extra if you do.

Comment

Beaver Creek in Manvel on Hwy 6 is who we have been using for the last 5 yrs and he makes a dang good jalapeño and cheese sausage and one of the best jalapeño and cheese summer sausage I’ve ever had made.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              No one compares to Belville.

This!

Comment

Working...
                              X