How Many Pins Do You Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuz View Post
    20,30,40,50,60 (5). Anything under 20 and the 20 pin is real close. I'd rarely shoot over 60 but have a decent idea of holdover out to 80.
    The "clutter" of multiple pins can be pretty much a non-issue with .10 pins...
    this...

thats what I shoot.

Comment

1, but it moves, yeah i know crazy huh? lol... i have a truglo range rover sight. its alot like most of the HHA sights. I think the correct term is pendelum sights. its a 1 pin, but can be set from 0 to up to infinity yards on the right bow. i have marks on my tape at 20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55,60.... i can put as many marks as i want to.

Comment

I use 5 (20,30,40,50,60) I never shoot game over 30 yards

Comment

Comment

20, 30, 40

Comment

I use 9 pins that are .010 diameter.

Comment

5 pins. 20,30,40,50 & 60.

I try not to shoot WT's passed 25 or hogs passed 35.
                The rest is for practice.

Comment

5 pins, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60

Comment

I have 5 but only because my bro-in-law and i have off-season friendly wager tournaments and never know what you will need!

That being said, if an animal is over 40 yards it walks. And for me to shoot past 35 it has to be the last day of the season and i need meat!!!

Comment

I have 4, but only use one at a time!
                      Set at 20, 30, 40 and 50. Even still, I've never shot past 30 yards at a critter.

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      1 pin set at 25yrds. I can hit 3" from 10-32 yrds. I range a 30yrd circle of death from stand. Once they enter that its all over with but the dragging.
                      I really like that. I think I might adopt your method.

Comment

I have 7 on my sight right now, but only have only 4 sighted in, 20, 30 40 and 50 yards. Normally I have it sighted in out to 80 yards, but with a lack of practice at longer distances, I have limited myself to 50 yards max under perfect conditions. When I bring my pins to a target i come up from the bottom so it is easy for me to count pins, 20, 30, 40 and so forth. The only time I used all 7 pins at once was on a 3x3 bull elk in CO I shot at 4 yards, all the pins fit perfect on his side!!!!!!!!

Comment

4 pins. 25, 35, 45, 60

Comment

I set 1 at 20. I can shoot out to 40 with it. I do shoot a slider. Bout out to 40 i dont have to move it on targets. Ive shot so many years like that its become second nature were to hold. All that said, if its a stinkin black buck or a hog. I'll shoot em as far as i can see em. I can get my slider out to 90yds. Whitetails. Im 25 yard max.

Comment

one slider that I normally have set at 22 but have made the marks out to 80

Comment

5, and I have the same set up as the other 5 pin guys, "usually" reserve the 60yd pin for practice....

Comment

Working...
                                X