Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eliminator plate and protein pellets -feasible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliminator plate and protein pellets -feasible?

Title says it all.
    Wanting to find a cost efficient way to feed protein pellets that doesn’t waste and doesn’t clog.
    Know protein pellets can’t go on an ordinary spinner plate due to moisture/humidity and clog issues, but would an eliminator plate prevent this?
    All past experience I’ve had has been free feeding protein in a gravity feeder and deer will go thru it rather quick. Wanting a way to ration it, so to speak. Any recommendations from those that restrict free grazing of protein?

Dont run protein pellets in any spinner, period. I run an eliminator plate and its been great for 4 years with corn.

Comment

I think you would be better off with a timed protein feeder.
      If you wanted to use an existing feeder then look at The Hammer feeder attachment.

Comment

If protein pellets hit the ground and it has any type of moisture on it, they tend to turn into powder.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
          I think you would be better off with a timed protein feeder.
          If you wanted to use an existing feeder then look at The Hammer feeder attachment.

This. I prefer Lamco but there are a few different manufacturers of times protein feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by peterp63 View Post
            This. I prefer Lamco but there are a few different manufacturers of times protein feeders.
            Just pulled up and looked the hammer attachment website. Little more coin than I was hoping but If it works like it claims it’ll be worth it.. Thanks for the swift replies.

Comment

Lamco are great for feeding protein. I also put feed blocks in the tray. Ill put alfalfa pellets when I'm huntin in the trays as well. I have a couple 1k lb, easy to fill to.
              Attached Files

Comment

I ran protein through the eliminator spin plate with no problems for years. I bought water shield protein though.

Comment

I'd only run regular protein on a spinner if I had a Lamco or ASF timed protein feeder where the spinner and funnel area is protected from the elements. Plus the throat is larger than a standard corn funnel to allow better flow.

Comment

Soybeans may get you the desired protein content without using a moisture-sucking pelleted feed.

Comment

I’ve got to me if the all seasons timed protein feeders. Haven’t had any issues the past 4yrs, the spinner unit is completely sealed from moisture unlike a traditional spin feeder. I wouldn’t run protein through a regular spin feeder.

Comment

Working...
                      X