X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck Hunters

1. What waders do you have?
    2. Someone tell me the difference between stout and king with MPW
    3. Do you like to get a boot size that is your normal fit, or one bigger?

Haven't bought waders in 8 years. Looking at buying some from MPW.

Ttt

Comment

I suggest trying them on, kinda hard for anyone on the web to tell you what size to get

Comment

I switched to breathable stockingfoots, much lighter and more comfortable than bootfoot. When I did wear bootfoot, it was a crap shoot ordering. They're all sized slightly different and the boots fit different. One size bigger should be close for thicker socks. Stout is usually bigger waist slightly shorter inseam. King is a bigger waist and inseam. Last breathable bootfoot I had were Banded and they were absolute junk, crotch leaked on second trip out, Macks refunded me, they are great to do business with.
        Last edited by jdg13; 11-02-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

lacrosse Swamp Tuff Realtree Max-5 1200G
          I wear a 9.5 in Tennis shoes. 9 in most boots (ariat)
          I got size 9 and they fit perfect. This is my second pair of LaCrosse waders. My first pair (600g) I have had for 7-8 years. I have been really happy with both pairs. The only thing I dont like is the buckle is almost right at my shoulder (interferes with mounting my gun), but it has velcrow so I just cut that buckle off.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
            1. What waders do you have?
            2. Someone tell me the difference between stout and king with MPW
            3. Do you like to get a boot size that is your normal fit, or one bigger?

Haven't bought waders in 8 years. Looking at buying some from MPW.
            I usually wear Rogers Sporting Goods brand waders for my neoprene waders. They go on sale each year and you can get them for about $130 if I remember correctly. They also have a pretty good warranty/exchange program that if they tear, you can return them and they'll send you a new pair.

From what I have been told, stout is for a big and taller person, king is more specifically made for a shorter but rounder individual. (Think of a medieval king). I could be completely off on this, but that is what a friend who fits the king shape that I described said.

I wear a size 13 in tennis shoe, boots, etc. I feel like wader boot size actually runs a bit big and I want my boots to fit pretty tight to prevent my feet from pulling out in the mud. I will usually get a size smaller or the exact same size, never bigger.

Comment

MPW waders are junk. I would go with Lacrosse or Drake. I think i have drakes now. I had Lacrsoses. But i seldomly use them anymore. Once I started using breathable waders i rarely ever use my neoprene ones.

I have a cheap pair of booted cabelas breathables that i have had for 5-6 years now with no issues.

Comment

Buy once, cry once. Just get a pair of Sitka waders.

All jokes aside, if you spend 40+ days a year in waders you will not be disappointed in the Sitka’s one bit, even considering the steep price tag.

Comment

I have FroggTogg Hellbender stocking foot waders and White River stocking foot waders, both are breathable. I prefer this setup because it works for everything from early teal to late season. I can layer up under them as needed. Staying warm has never been an issue. They are also 10X more comfortable than heavy thick neoprene waders. I have a pair of wade boots that are sized up one size to account for the stocking foot and wool socks. I just wear neoprene socks in the summer to make up for the size difference when not wearing waders. Boot-foot waders never fit your feet right, they flat our suck in the mud and provide very little support.

Comment

I have these. Love em.

Rogers Sporting Goods, founded in 1980, is a family-owned store that offers the best in waterfowl, hunting, shooting and outdoor gear. Browse the vast selection of everything you need to enjoy the great outdoors.

Comment

Cabelas waders are the way to go.
                      exchange them every year if you may..

Comment

Originally posted by ElkTipper View Post
                        Cabelas waders are the way to go.
                        exchange them every year if you may..
                        Not any more. No more Lifetime Warranty since the takeover.

Loved the Cabelas Northern Flight waders. The last pair I warrantied a PITA and the manager helped me out by pushing it through. But told me in the future they won't be able to do it any more. I will probably go with Simms or something next go around.

Comment

Drake Breathable insulated. So comfortable.

Comment

Only get drake if you want to replace them every year..

Comment

Have cabelas I've had for years and I'm rough on them. 1 size larger on boots for thick wool socks. Boots are now slathered in repair glue but don't leak. Mine are stout and I'm not real fat but love room to layer clothes. I think mine are the armor flex but not positive

Comment

Working...
                              X