Need help from the gun gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help from the gun gurus

50 cal. Thompson encore pro hunter with a tally one peace scope mount and a nikon bdc 300 scope. Gun will 2 hole at 100 yards but, shoots 12ins to the right consistently at 200 yards. It's not the load or bullets. Any idea on issue ?

What is it doing at 50, 75, 150?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

I shot muzzle loaders hunting and with my buddies quite a bit in Colorado. The guys who shot TC would have to clean the barrel between every shot to maintain any kind of accuracy. All I got to offer, not sure that is the issue but I never really expected much after 100 yds myself.

Comment

New gun,or new to you?

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate talley mounts btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            New gun,or new to you?

My gun since new. My first time ever shooting it past 100 yrds to know I had a issue.

It's not a cleaning issue. Its definitely a scope or mount issue

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
              What is it doing at 50, 75, 150?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
              No issues with 100 or less. Did not shoot 150 but, would assume it starts walking to the right just not as bad as 200yards

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                I hate talley mounts btw.

Care to elaborate? About to order some lightweights for a mountain rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  We love Talley. Wife straight up football-spiked her rifle last year on a wet boulder crossing a creek in Colorado when she slipped, direct hit on the scope. Practice shot was perfect, no movement to zero.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                    have talley's on over a dozen rifles, some for 25 plus years, never had a issue !!

Comment

How are you aiming for a 200 yard shot? Are you dialing, using a different part of the reticle, or holding over -- assuming your scope is zeroed in at 100 yards? Try using a tall target at 200 yards with your bullseye near the top of the target and aim just as you would at 100 yards and see if your bullet hole is in line vertically, although it will be lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                        50 cal. Thompson encore pro hunter with a tally one peace scope mount and a nikon bdc 300 scope. Gun will 2 hole at 100 yards but, shoots 12ins to the right consistently at 200 yards. It's not the load or bullets. Any idea on issue ?
                        How you know that? What bullets? Sabot or maxi?
                        What propellent? Barrel harmonics? Lot of variables in play.
                        Maybe let someone else shoot it and see if it does the same thing to them.

Comment

Big buck at 200 yards aim 12 inches to the left or sneak closer 100 yards, somebody grab me another beer por please

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                            Big buck at 200 yards aim 12 inches to the left or sneak closer 100 yards, somebody grab me another beer por please
                            Amen brother

Comment

My guess is bullet or powder.

If its consistently doing the same thing I don't see how it could be the scope. UNLESS you're dialing it.

Ftr I have the same rifle and dont clean it but every 4 or 5 shots

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X