No announcement yet.

Which Thermal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not an authority on this topic at all, but I have another friend in the industry that hunts 3+ night a week with this stuff. He's been pushing the Bering optics stuff my direction for over a year.....and Jason's videos(from this forum) seem to be backing up his claims, so I just ordered 2 units. I'll report back on how they perform.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
      I'm not an authority on this topic at all, but I have another friend in the industry that hunts 3+ night a week with this stuff. He's been pushing the Bering optics stuff my direction for over a year.....and Jason's videos(from this forum) seem to be backing up his claims, so I just ordered 2 units. I'll report back on how they perform.
      10-4 thanks..

Comment

We are running two Pulsar XG 50’s and the are awesome. Recently bought a Trijicon Reap IR and WOW is all I can say. The Reap is almost like the best of both worlds. While scanning its like looking through night vision and the thermal image is so clean. They are pricey but if a guy has the money I would buy the Reap hands down.

Comment

Call Jason at (877)350-1818. He'll call you back. He'll want to know how close and how far you'll be hunting, what you'll be hunting, what the terrain is you'll be hunting, what your budget is, and what bells and whistles you want (video recording, picture in picture, auto nuke, multiple color pallets, multiple reticles, or just something you can turn on and shoot. 300 yards at night is a very long ways but definitely doable. Many hog hunters end up inside of 75 yards at night. If you're serious about 300 yards, Pulsar Thermion XG50, N-Vision Halo or Reap IR. If $5K is your budget, Pulsar Thermion XP50. If 300 yards is the extreme distance and you'll usually be able to get closer once you see them at 300 yards, you can spend a bit less. I had a Pulsar Trail XQ38 & Pulsar Core RXQ30V (primarily used as a monocular). I'm in the process of updating and will go with a Pulsar Thermion XQ38 and Bering Hogster R35 2X primarily for my monocular. I mount one and use another one as a handheld but buy a weapon mountable so when I have guests that don't have a scope, they can use one of mine. This is something to consider, if you spend all of your money on your weapon mountable scope, that means you have to aim your weapon wherever you want to see and this gets old after a while. It's much easier to use a lesser one as a scanner and and use the mounted one once you have identified an animal.

Bottom line, talk with Jason and he'll help you sort out what's best for your situation.

Comment

Working...
          X