Muzzleloader scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzleloader scope

I'm curious what scopes yall are using on you inline muzzleloaders ? I have been doing a little research on muzzleloader scopes, vs regular rifle scopes. The biggest difference that i can find has to do with the eye relief. So what are your thoughts?

If'n I was scoping a smoke pole I would just put one of my old gold ring Leupold VXIII 3-9 on it and call it good. Best eye relief and sight picture edge to edge view you will ever find. You will be able to see farther than the gun will ever shoot.

Comment

I run a older Zeiss 3x9x50 on my CVA Accura. Does every thing I need on this muzzle loader. With the heavier Z Plex reticle you can shoot wayyyyyyy past darkthirty. Just fired 3 rounds yesterday to confirm the rifle from last year and its on the money. Thinking a doe might be a victim come Saturday morning.

Comment

Burris Eliminator 3 on a Remington Ultra Muzzleloader. It is a sweet set-up.

Comment

Just any Quality scope will do,,Straight 2 1/2 /3 or 4 work fine ..2-7 is on mine...Shots wont be that long 200y is way long...3-9 OK I just aint into high mag or BIG scopes

Comment

I put regular 3x9 Vortex Diamondback on mine and love it.

Comment

I use a Leupold VX1 3-9x40-- same scope that was on my slug gun- yet to have an issue with it.

Comment

At 61 years old, I find my eyes getting worse. I have a Leupold VX-2 3x9 on my CVA, but wish I'd gone wiht a better scope with better glass, and clarity.

Comment

Redfield Revolution 4-12X40.

But yes, you want around 4" of eye relief.

Eye relief of 3" means scope contacting your eyebrow, if your suing much powder at all. 3.5" is still iffy.

Comment

I have a Bushnell doa 250 on mine. Iv been happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                    X